+ Reply to Thread
Page 67 of 73 FirstFirst ... 17576566676869 ... LastLast
Results 661 to 670 of 721
  1. #661
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,083
    Thanks
    777
    Thanked
    476
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @POAS hopeful so sorry to read the news. Take care xx


    @babybunny88 - congratulation. How exciting this has worked for you.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Amandamoo For This Useful Post:

    POAS hopeful (30-10-2020)

  3. #662
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked
    39
    Reviews
    0
    Trying to figure out where to go from here after our transfer in Athens resulted in a chemical.

    We have four more embryos in Greece, but not wanting to travel in a pandemic again as I found it very stressful!

    Do we wait a year? Save up some money to go back? But what if the borders don’t open for years!?!

    We have also been offered a free round of IVF through Monash IVF as we had embryos destroyed in their PGS testing issues. But our eggs just never worked in the past. Do we work on egg quality for the next few months and try?

    But after a chemical with perfect embryos, maybe it wasn’t my eggs and was actually my uterus? Maybe if I have more tests and see if there is an issue with my uterus we have a shot with my eggs!?

    Just so conflicted as to what to do next? Any advise appreciated!?

    I also wanted to say, thank you to everyone for the support after I found out it was another chemical. I appreciate all your kind and supportive messages! x

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to POAS hopeful For This Useful Post:

    1greenfrog (02-11-2020),gypsychild (04-11-2020)

  5. #663
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    2,079
    Thanks
    827
    Thanked
    1,788
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @POAS hopeful Make an appointment with dr Mathias Gamal in Sydney he does ph consults if your in another state, he will find out if you have any other issues that are causing your repeat chemicals. If your dr refers you, you should get a Medicare rebate too. If you do end up with having immune or any other issues, sometimes it may take a couple of tries to get the medications right. The positive you can take away is that your getting implantation.
    Last edited by stacey10; 03-11-2020 at 16:13.

  6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stacey10 For This Useful Post:

    gypsychild (04-11-2020),Phia (03-11-2020),POAS hopeful (03-11-2020)

  7. #664
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    188
    Thanks
    305
    Thanked
    296
    Reviews
    0
    @POAS agreed with Stacey ... if you can’t get a consultation with Dr Mathias try dr Peter Ellims in Melbourne. I counselled both of them and found Dr Ellims office easy to deal with and since I am in Mel it was easier to go see him than phone consultation. Dr Ellims found that I am a celiac with genes from both parents side I didn’t have much systems. Since I have gone gluten free haven’t had a chance to try a another cycle yet.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to tinker27 For This Useful Post:

    POAS hopeful (03-11-2020)

  9. #665
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    81
    Thanks
    185
    Thanked
    112
    Reviews
    0
    During this craziness, if I could I would have another cycle here in Melb.
    But that's just me.

    Seriously, that obviously might not be what you decide at all.

    I'm a nutter.
    If they let me go again here, I would. Even knowing that I had 10 transfers with my own eggs (or us it 11... I'm annoyed I can't remember...). It's only because I can't go overseas, and I feel like I'm going to run out of time.

    Anyway...

    In saying that, this can't go on forever. I have everything crossed that next year we will be able to fly in and out of the country much more easily. And we will have a way not to get covid.

    It's crap, and I wish I had a better answer for you @POAS hopeful, maybe after talking to Dr Ellims or whichever immunologist you see, you will be in a better place to make a clearer decision re trying again with your own eggs.

    I wish you an easy decision.

    PS I hear there is a class action re the Monash thing. If you don't take the free cycle, get some cash at least to help you get to Greece.

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 1greenfrog For This Useful Post:

    gypsychild (04-11-2020),POAS hopeful (03-11-2020)

  11. #666
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    2,919
    Thanks
    8,493
    Thanked
    4,449
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by POAS hopeful View Post
    Trying to figure out where to go from here after our transfer in Athens resulted in a chemical.

    We have four more embryos in Greece, but not wanting to travel in a pandemic again as I found it very stressful!

    Do we wait a year? Save up some money to go back? But what if the borders don’t open for years!?!

    We have also been offered a free round of IVF through Monash IVF as we had embryos destroyed in their PGS testing issues. But our eggs just never worked in the past. Do we work on egg quality for the next few months and try?

    But after a chemical with perfect embryos, maybe it wasn’t my eggs and was actually my uterus? Maybe if I have more tests and see if there is an issue with my uterus we have a shot with my eggs!?

    Just so conflicted as to what to do next? Any advise appreciated!?

    I also wanted to say, thank you to everyone for the support after I found out it was another chemical. I appreciate all your kind and supportive messages! x
    Agree with others - I saw Matthias Gamal but agree if you’re in Melbs Peter Ellims is a good option. I didn’t know about him when I went through my cycles in 16/2017.

    Turns out I had high NKC (Natural killer cells)’which is an immune issue and did a bunch of meds and infusions.

    It was the game changer for me and I had a baby girl on my second cycle with Gamal and Dr Nikos at Embryoland.

    If it was me, I’d definitely take up the free offer or as someone else mentioned get some $$ for Greece. But if I was doing the cycle I’d definitely check fir immune issues.

    Actually here’s a list a few of us ladies out together to help others who are new or at crossroads.

    THE LIST! Best chances of getting pregnant after repeated failure: tips and tricks

    1. It’s all about the uterus! Cakes won’t bake if your oven is broken.
    2. Ask your FS to undertake a laparoscopy and/or hysteroscopy to check for endometriosis or fibroids, adhesions or polyps or the shape of your uterus.
    3. See a reproductive immunologist (Dr Gamal Matthias) or haematologist (Dr Peter Ellims in Melb) or Dr Artef Saba (Perth)
    4. to check for any immune issues. This includes Natural Killer Cells, etc, that may attack an embryo that’s transferred. They will prescribe meds to suppress this response. You might need a treatment that is administered intravenously and repeated before and after transfer.
    5. Do you have MTHFR? No, I’m not swearing - it’s about how your body absorbs folic acid / folate. It’s a simple blood test but important for fertility and easy to treat by changing your folic acids to a different kind found in Optimal Health prenatal or Tresos Natal - these are prenatal supplements.
    6. Vit D is essential, so is Calcium taken together.
    7. Don’t forget your Vitamin Bs and Es.

    Kalina’s list for DE Clinics!

    Eggdonationfriends.com has some good info, you can select by country and off you go.

    For those who like stats and having as much info as possible, I'd suggest the following:

    - Make sure they are clear on how they measure success rates, is it a positive pregnancy test, a clinical pregnancy (heartbeat on US) or live birth. Few will have reliable live birth stats because some ladies don't report back on fire the pregnancy progressed.

    - If quoted success rates seem too good to be true, be careful. Much of it relies on self reporting.

    - Make sure you know what percentage of the transfers they use to calculate success rates are singles and doubles. If a clinic does mostly single transfers then a comparable success rate is more impressive than if most of those transfers are doubles.

    - Ask exactly how many DE cycles they do per year. You can't read too much into success rates for a clinic which does a small number. A clinic which does many hundreds per year and still has good success rates will have more reliable stats. Etc.

    - Make sure they give you info on their FET single and double success rates, these can be different from fresh transfers. Also ask what their embryo thaw survival rate is. This last number will tell you something about the quality of their lab. I'd also look into how experienced their embryologists are - their skills and experience are arguably most important.

    - Beware of hidden costs and make sure you know exactly what is included in the price. Many clinics (all this pertains to every country btw, not only Greece) will give you a quote....then you'll find out that they need a more money for this, that and the other.

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phia For This Useful Post:

    1greenfrog (04-11-2020),gypsychild (04-11-2020)

  13. #667
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked
    39
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Phia View Post
    Agree with others - I saw Matthias Gamal but agree if you’re in Melbs Peter Ellims is a good option. I didn’t know about him when I went through my cycles in 16/2017.

    Turns out I had high NKC (Natural killer cells)’which is an immune issue and did a bunch of meds and infusions.

    It was the game changer for me and I had a baby girl on my second cycle with Gamal and Dr Nikos at Embryoland.

    If it was me, I’d definitely take up the free offer or as someone else mentioned get some $$ for Greece. But if I was doing the cycle I’d definitely check fir immune issues.

    Actually here’s a list a few of us ladies out together to help others who are new or at crossroads.

    THE LIST! Best chances of getting pregnant after repeated failure: tips and tricks

    1. It’s all about the uterus! Cakes won’t bake if your oven is broken.
    2. Ask your FS to undertake a laparoscopy and/or hysteroscopy to check for endometriosis or fibroids, adhesions or polyps or the shape of your uterus.
    3. See a reproductive immunologist (Dr Gamal Matthias) or haematologist (Dr Peter Ellims in Melb) or Dr Artef Saba (Perth)
    4. to check for any immune issues. This includes Natural Killer Cells, etc, that may attack an embryo that’s transferred. They will prescribe meds to suppress this response. You might need a treatment that is administered intravenously and repeated before and after transfer.
    5. Do you have MTHFR? No, I’m not swearing - it’s about how your body absorbs folic acid / folate. It’s a simple blood test but important for fertility and easy to treat by changing your folic acids to a different kind found in Optimal Health prenatal or Tresos Natal - these are prenatal supplements.
    6. Vit D is essential, so is Calcium taken together.
    7. Don’t forget your Vitamin Bs and Es.

    Kalina’s list for DE Clinics!

    Eggdonationfriends.com has some good info, you can select by country and off you go.

    For those who like stats and having as much info as possible, I'd suggest the following:

    - Make sure they are clear on how they measure success rates, is it a positive pregnancy test, a clinical pregnancy (heartbeat on US) or live birth. Few will have reliable live birth stats because some ladies don't report back on fire the pregnancy progressed.

    - If quoted success rates seem too good to be true, be careful. Much of it relies on self reporting.

    - Make sure you know what percentage of the transfers they use to calculate success rates are singles and doubles. If a clinic does mostly single transfers then a comparable success rate is more impressive than if most of those transfers are doubles.

    - Ask exactly how many DE cycles they do per year. You can't read too much into success rates for a clinic which does a small number. A clinic which does many hundreds per year and still has good success rates will have more reliable stats. Etc.

    - Make sure they give you info on their FET single and double success rates, these can be different from fresh transfers. Also ask what their embryo thaw survival rate is. This last number will tell you something about the quality of their lab. I'd also look into how experienced their embryologists are - their skills and experience are arguably most important.

    - Beware of hidden costs and make sure you know exactly what is included in the price. Many clinics (all this pertains to every country btw, not only Greece) will give you a quote....then you'll find out that they need a more money for this, that and the other.
    Thanks for your reply, I’m with dr Lolatgis and he has already tested for stuff like NK cells and MTHFR. I have NK cells and was on intralipid, dex, clexane etc on our last transfer. Would dr Matthias do the same? Or still worth seeing him? Or has dr Lolatgis covered the immune issues?

  14. #668
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    2,970
    Thanks
    2,007
    Thanked
    3,977
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @POAS hopeful I'm sorry if you've already mentioned this an b I've forgotten - did you use DH's sperm? If so, how old is he and how are his analysis results?

    I ask because one of the many things we did differently on my final and successful cycle (after nine tries with my eggs and three with donor eggs and multiple losses including chemicals I've lost count of) had to do with DH's side. All along we'd been told that his results were excellent, but the clinic I went to and which finally got me across the line pointed out sperm issues nobody else had and took steps to address them. I'm not saying that's what made the difference, I'll never know for sure what made the difference finally, but just saying that sometimes the man's side of things doesn't get enough attention when the female partner's eggs are problematic.

  15. #669
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked
    39
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalina View Post
    @POAS hopeful I'm sorry if you've already mentioned this an b I've forgotten - did you use DH's sperm? If so, how old is he and how are his analysis results?

    I ask because one of the many things we did differently on my final and successful cycle (after nine tries with my eggs and three with donor eggs and multiple losses including chemicals I've lost count of) had to do with DH's side. All along we'd been told that his results were excellent, but the clinic I went to and which finally got me across the line pointed out sperm issues nobody else had and took steps to address them. I'm not saying that's what made the difference, I'll never know for sure what made the difference finally, but just saying that sometimes the man's side of things doesn't get enough attention when the female partner's eggs are problematic.
    Yes, We used donor sperm. We were told husbands sperm was ‘atrocious’

  16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to POAS hopeful For This Useful Post:

    1greenfrog (04-11-2020),Kalina (03-11-2020),Thecrazycatlady (03-11-2020)

  17. #670
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    124
    Thanks
    184
    Thanked
    84
    Reviews
    0
    @POAS hopeful I am so sorry Greece didn't work out for you this time around. I totally understand how you are feeling. I am at a total loss with what to do next. DH wants to try another round of IVF using my own eggs but all my IVF cycles have been an epic fail with half cancelled due to poor response. We have never got past the egg collection phase. With borders shut for who knows how long (could be years) time is running out and I have no idea what would be best moving forward. I made an appointment at my clinic to see a different FS this week and see what he says. Feeling completely deflated

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to Makeuplover40 For This Useful Post:

    gypsychild (04-11-2020)


 

Similar Threads

  1. Egg Donation Greece #9
    By Moc24 in forum Egg Donation
    Replies: 1000
    Last Post: 23-02-2018, 09:51
  2. Egg Donation Greece #8
    By Moc24 in forum Egg Donation
    Replies: 1248
    Last Post: 23-12-2017, 00:20
  3. Egg Donation Greece #7
    By stacey10 in forum Egg Donation
    Replies: 1120
    Last Post: 12-11-2017, 15:58
  4. Egg Donation Greece #6
    By Homy in forum Egg Donation
    Replies: 1000
    Last Post: 25-07-2017, 11:28
  5. Egg Donation Greece or Cape Town
    By Dreaming1 in forum Egg Donation
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 27-10-2015, 16:15

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

FEATURED SUPPORTER
Innovations Physio & PilatesWomen’s Health Physios who are able to assess and treat a wide range of Pregnancy and Post Natal Issues. We offer ...

ADVERTISEMENT