+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default WWYD? 5.5yr old wetting overnight

Looking for opinions/advice.

My 5.5 daughter was in pull ups overnight until say late November last year. She was wet maybe 2/7 nights so we ditched the pull ups and she was doing really well, one or two accidents a week.

We lost our home in the bushfires on NYE and put her back in pull ups as we were moving around between hotel rooms/friends places and it was too hard to consider wetting those beds. Once we settled into our rental we ditched the pull ups again. It's been over a month now.

She's wet every single night, sometimes more than once. Even last night when she woke at about 11pm with a bad dream she did a huge wee in the toilet but still wet the bed later in the night.

She is not bothered by the wetting at all - she never, ever wakes from it and isn't upset by it at all in the morning.

My question after this essay is - would you put her back into pull ups? After writing it out like this, it seems like a no brainer but it's hard to know what to do.

It's obviously been an extremely stressful time for the kids, she is very sensitive and has been the most effected by it. She has also just started kindergarten a few weeks ago. I'm not at all frustrated/bothered by her wetting and she knows that. I'm just not sure what the best thing to do is.

Obviously I am seriously over washing sheets and remaking her bed every day though!!

Sorry for the essay, my brain has been in a blender for two months now...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I would put her back in pull ups for your own sanity and her comfort, but still persist with encouraging her to go to the toilet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    100% put her back into pull ups and re-visit once the pull ups are consistently dry again.

No need to stress her or yourself

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My first thought was stress due to all of the changes with losing your home. When things settle down, tackle the issue but for now I would leave her in pull ups.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pull ups. My DD has been trying for years to be dry overnight. I’ve gone back to pull ups at 6 for my own sanity. I give her the choice most nights and I’m relieved when she chooses pull ups

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks everyone, I think I just needed to hear from someone else that it was the right move!