+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default What's it like searching for sperm donors online?

I'm interested in finding out more about how other women have found the process of looking for sperm donors online. I've been told some women have negative experiences - has anyone found this?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Hannah

I know it has been a while since you posted, but thought I'd throw my two cents worth in.

I tried searching online for about 8 months, using different websites / apps. I messaged with multiple possible donors, and met with 4. I also had a bad experience with one donor I had told I wasn't interested in meeting with, which I ended up having to report to the moderators. Of the four I met with, 1 was alright but I didn't really 'click' with him, 1 was great except but didn't go anywhere, 1 said he was happy to donate, then 'ghosted' me for several weeks before saying he would still donate but only if the donation was done naturally, and the last I tried with once, but didn't continue with because there was also a lot of pressure to switch to natural.

I'm sure there are a lot of great donors out there, but there are also a lot of people who want to make their assistance contingent on on the recipient agreeing to have sex with them.

I eventually gave up on searching online and went to a clinic. My clinic has AU donors, but a few import from the USA instead. It's obviously more expensive gong through the clinic, but knowing that I won't be pressured to sleep with someone who had previously agreed to AI (let alone the fact that they have been thoroughly medically screened) is worth the expense to me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much for your reply Bindi, and I'm sorry to hear about your experience. Would you be willing to chat further?
    P.S. I should disclose that I'm researching this topic for an article.