+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    My mum is completely imperfect and I love her nonetheless - we're talking scattered, disorganised, anxious, hoarding...lol

I do wish she looked after herself and her happiness more, though. She didn't leave my dad when she should have and this gave her mental health issues that she struggles with now. She put her kids first but I wish she had put herself first sometimes as us kids would have been fine eventually.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think some of us Mums forget to look after ourselves and realise we are just as important as our kids. I hope your Mum will find happiness soon. I understand how staying in a relationship too long can affect you. I feel like my mental health is not the best trying to leave my partner and after 18 months of emotional manipulation and intimidation from my mil.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My mum is far from perfect. We’ve had our fair share of issues. But she is my mum and as imperfect as she is, she is mine. She is so much stronger than she realises. She loves so incredibly fiercely. She isn’t afraid to laugh at herself. She is independent, courageous and brilliant. She is open and never afraid to talk about the hard stuff or the embarrassing stuff. She made being a teenager less scary because of that. She respects my parenting even though it differs a lot to how she parented.