+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Toddler completely better yet childcare delaying his return.

toddler is completely better, completely eating large amounts of all types of food , put on weight, energetic, and not sick at all. not vomitting at all.
    Peditrician has written this that he is completely better and to just keep him dairy free.
    parent has written to keep him dairy wheat gluten free as per allergy tests done last year.

the childcare are demanding that we cannot send him to creche without a dr answering many questions from several days ago , that are now several days later totally not relevent anymore as the toddler has compltely stopped vomitting and is eating large amounts and is compltely better after having various treatments.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    find a new childcare

3. The Following User Says Thank You to PinkPopsicle For This Useful Post:

Mummamania (09-02-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It sounds like the daycare have some serious concerns. Have you spoken to them about exactly what their concerns are?
    Is this your child are someone else’s?
    There is obviously some reason the daycare is so concerned about the child’s health or possible infection to other children.
    What type of questions do they want answered?

Thanks
    Reviews
    the week before last he vomitted occassionally once every few days. . it wasnt a virus. he has had various treatment last week and he is completely well, eating alot, energetic, totally different. so anything from that time is irrelevent. The pediatrician wrote a note based on now not based on answering questions from several days ago which are irrelevent to his care now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I dont know about your childcare, but I had a lot of issues with mine (quite a few years ago now though) where they would make me come collect my child, say they were sick and had a temperature, I'd get there, the child would be fine (but have a jumper on on a hot day) and then not let me bring her back without a medical certificate... the reason I discovered later was they'd BOOKED another child into her session2 ( childcare centre had 8-1230 and 100-530 sessions). Turned out, of course, because you still have to "pay", they were cashing in twice, because I had to pay my fees regardless of her not being there, and they could also book her session casually.

Thanks
    Reviews
    ive said fibd a new childcare because you've posted of numerous issues with them.
    if it was me with the same issues over the 2 children you've posted about then I'd find a new centre.
    i wouldnt stand for that level of care and i believe theres better care out there

Thanks
    Reviews
    i hear you.
    yes there are issues and headaches but they also have very caring staff that last year went beyond the call of duty. i still feel their staff are very caring even if there is alot of issues.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    It is their call. If they feel they cannot give your child adequate care without having certain things answered from your doctor that's their call.

If you don't like it, speak to the department and have them oversee it or pull your child out.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mamasupial For This Useful Post:

BettyV (09-02-2020),LoveMyWay (09-02-2020),Mum-I-Am (11-02-2020),EnchantedGrace (09-02-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Issues between your family and centre seem to be ongoing...

I think there's been a possible breakdown in communication, and a large misunderstanding of what is and isn't part of each person's role for the children.

It seems to me like you're both just not on the same page.

Childcare centres are regulated, with policies and procedures that they must have and abide by, by law. They have a duty of care to all children, staff and families. They must meet certain conditions, document things etc...maybe ask to see their illness policy if you think they are being unfair?

I get you say your child is well now, and has had treatment - what treatment?? You said previously it was a food sensitivity thing? Or allergy? I'm confused... what treatment would happen ? Other than avoid the trigger food, and possibly antihistamines for mild reactions?

but the centre are just looking or for the other children in their care AND your child. There's clearly concern on their end to be requesting information from the pediatrician. It's coming from a caring place, I can assure you that childcare workers don't have time to send parents on wild goose chases for fun.

As mentioned previously, have you/the dr filled out the required forms for allergies/ anaphylaxis? So the staff know exactly what they're dealing with, and how to respond should exposure occur? It would be a safety risk to suggest your child requires such a restrictive diet but not provide them with the information they need to effectively respond or meet their needs.

Maybe you need to have a talk to the coordinator / director/ team leader, - whoever is in charge and runs the centre - and bring up your concerns with them.... your issues with the staff appear to be ongoing. Like, there's always something where they aren't meeting your expectations. Either it's a horrible centre? Or maybe your expectations of them are unrealistic? Or they haven't fully explained things to you, so you're unclear? Either way, hopefully a chat should clear things up.
    Last edited by shadowangel0205; 09-02-2020 at 21:49.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to EnchantedGrace For This Useful Post:

Hasselhoff (10-02-2020),LoveMyWay (10-02-2020),Mamasupial (09-02-2020),PinkPopsicle (09-02-2020),wobblermummy (09-02-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    If the childcare need answers... then get them? Surely all you need is to take the questions that they have to the doctor and get the doctor to respond to them? Sounds like they are trying to do the right thing by your child by making sure they can care for him properly before taking him back into their care.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CazHazKidz For This Useful Post:

LoveMyWay (10-02-2020),Mamasupial (10-02-2020),Mum-I-Am (11-02-2020),SuperGranny (10-02-2020)