+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I gave up work because of childcare costs. It is ironic that the Government want mothers back in the workforce but then make it a financial nightmare to afford the childcare possible in order to do it. Think it comes under the myth that we can have it all, when in reality, it is a very stressful day to day tightrope walk to make 'having it all' work. But then again, most of the mainly men in Government were of an era when they had free grandparent- babysitting, whereas now, so many grandparents are still in the workforce!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mummamania For This Useful Post:

PinkPopsicle (09-02-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mummamania View Post
    I gave up work because of childcare costs. It is ironic that the Government want mothers back in the workforce but then make it a financial nightmare to afford the childcare possible in order to do it. Think it comes under the myth that we can have it all, when in reality, it is a very stressful day to day tightrope walk to make 'having it all' work. But then again, most of the mainly men in Government were of an era when they had free grandparent- babysitting, whereas now, so many grandparents are still in the workforce!
    there's a fine line between working to make money and then working and losing money.
    I'm bored and lonely. thats why I'm thinking of working more.
    but dont want to go to all that effort to not make it more worthwhile financially.
    the 2 days a week is good financially. yes more money will be happily received and spent lol but at what cost....
    I'll see how the next few weeks go with everyone settling back into school, daycare and work. ive been on leave the last 3 weeks and have been housebound with nasty shingles on my face. back to normal on wednesday though.