+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    So originally you said extensive testing was fine and they said just a sensitive stomach. Now you are saying you have allergy test results that the childcare aren't following? Do you actually have an official allergy plan filled out from the doctor when you received the diagnosis?
    https://www.allergy.org.au/hp/anaphy...or-anaphylaxis

There is a huge difference in reflux and actual vomiting.

Thanks
    Reviews
    today childcare only gave non allegenic foods and he did not vomit. he is around 17 months. maternal health nurses and doctors have said that creches have to follow allergy diets.

we are both concerned re creche support working with us and re curing this. tests have been done but it all seems to point to inflamed gut and allergy diet not anything else.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    my son has food intolerances and will vomit if given food he is intolerant to.
    if the childcare is giving him food he is intolerant too which makes him vomit then sending him home I'd report them to the care and regulatory unit

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by angela22 View Post
    today childcare only gave non allegenic foods and he did not vomit. he is around 17 months. maternal health nurses and doctors have said that creches have to follow allergy diets.

we are both concerned re creche support working with us and re curing this. tests have been done but it all seems to point to inflamed gut and allergy diet not anything else.
    And have you given the childcare paperwork from a doctor saying his allergy diet?

Your last post you were unhappy with childcare not working on developmental delays. Is he at a new centre or is this the same centre as last time?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I wouldnt hold high hopes for childcare centres. I had a child with eczema and every single time she got an eczema rash I had to come collect her and take her to a GP and get a medical certificate to say she 'wasnt contagious", even though it was clearly an eczema rash! Every freaking time. Their response was "we're not doctors". No sh*t sherlock, not many high IQs there, thats for sure. I was even told once that she couldnt walk in drinking a juice box because, "that juice box might contain EGG". I couldnt make this stuff up!

Childcare centres do have to follow allergy diets, absolutely, some kids allergies are life threatening.

I hope your GP can help, but I wouldnt be holding out a lot of hope of keeping him in a childcare centre.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by angela22 View Post

can you get an ascia allergy action plan? or get your gp to sign a document which clearly states your childs intolerances/allergies/food sensitivities? maybe make it very clear on what your expectations are and what foods your child can and can't have.

also intolerances and reflux are quite serious. reflux can cause feeding aversions, allergic colitis and failure to thrive.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by PinkPopsicle View Post
    can you get an ascia allergy action plan? or get your gp to sign a document which clearly states your childs intolerances/allergies/food sensitivities? maybe make it very clear on what your expectations are and what foods your child can and can't have.

also intolerances and reflux are quite serious. reflux can cause feeding aversions, allergic colitis and failure to thrive.
    I added the link to the action plan above. I think OP was meaning that centres keep kids that have reflux vomits so why not her child, not that she thought her child has developed reflux after 1yo. I agree that reflux can be awful. We had serious feeding adversions with my eldest.