+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Happymummy5 View Post
    Thanks for the advice. Sometimes I can’t believe I pulled myself up and managed to leave! I spoke to a solicitor but it was a one off free service. They said I can’t stop her from looking after the kids when in my ex’s care. Unfortunately, there is no proof, except what my nearly 6 year old is telling me. I definitely need to book a family solicitor for some ongoing advice though. My son said he told her ‘Mum is good’ and then he went to his room for some quiet time. Poor thing! At least he knows when to stand up to her. I wondered why I’d catch him staring at me with a mean look on his face sometimes, as if he was trying to work out if I’m nice or to believe Grandma 🤷‍♀️
    You did, and you're an inspiring person for it

It's not going to be easy to prove what she's saying, but this is where the child advocate will hopefully help. They will be non biased, and know how to speak to your children to get the truth out. They will look at what you're requesting, that your ex is disagreeing (because he will ), and then put their recommendations to the Judge with what is in the best interests of your children.

Even if you can't go down that path at first, putting a parental alienation clause in your parenting plan would be a good first step. If the ex refuses to accept that, it's going to look bad on his behalf. If he does accept it, it gives you something to work with when/if you need to go further.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    OP do you live in Brisbane by any chance?

If yes, I can recommend a lawyer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok thanks. Hopefully she will just stop saying things to the kids but I don’t think she will.

No I’m in SA. A friend recommended a solicitor though so hopefully can start with some good advice.