+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    28
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked
    11
    Reviews
    0

    Default High NK cells and partialDQ alpha match- tell me your hopeful stories

    Hi all,

    I'm after your hopeful stories please.

    I'm 36yo. I've have had one failed transfer, and have two genetically tested frozen embies. I have rhumatoid arthritis, and recently discovered high NK cells and DQ alpha partial match with hubby.

    I'm seeing Dr Nick L in a couple of weeks and Dr Gamal M the following week (phone).

    Ok, so over to you. I would really appreciate some hopeful stories, especially from others who have health issues similar to mine. Thank you 🧡

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    55
    Thanks
    66
    Thanked
    28
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Peacan View Post
    Hi all,

    I'm after your hopeful stories please.

    I'm 36yo. I've have had one failed transfer, and have two genetically tested frozen embies. I have rhumatoid arthritis, and recently discovered high NK cells and DQ alpha partial match with hubby.

    I'm seeing Dr Nick L in a couple of weeks and Dr Gamal M the following week (phone).

    Ok, so over to you. I would really appreciate some hopeful stories, especially from others who have health issues similar to mine. Thank you 🧡
    Hi there
    My story is a little different from yours in that i don't have any known autoimmune diseases but I also have high natural killer cells and a partial gene match with my husband.

    I can conceive naturally but have had 5 miscarriages (and one live birth) before seeing Dr Matthias.

    I welcomed a little boy in August this year after following an immune protocol. It was my first pregnancy on the protocol.
    My protocol was prednisone, intralipids, clexane, progesterone pessaries and injections, LIT, vitamin d and e, zinc, thyroxine.

    Wishing you the best of luck. Happy to answer questions if I can help.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Michy1980 For This Useful Post:

    Peacan (30-01-2020)

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    28
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked
    11
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Michy1980 View Post
    Hi there
    My story is a little different from yours in that i don't have any known autoimmune diseases but I also have high natural killer cells and a partial gene match with my husband.

    I can conceive naturally but have had 5 miscarriages (and one live birth) before seeing Dr Matthias.

    I welcomed a little boy in August this year after following an immune protocol. It was my first pregnancy on the protocol.
    My protocol was prednisone, intralipids, clexane, progesterone pessaries and injections, LIT, vitamin d and e, zinc, thyroxine.

    Wishing you the best of luck. Happy to answer questions if I can help.
    Thanks for sharing Michy, that's just what I needed to hear. Congratulations on your bub 🧡

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Peacan For This Useful Post:

    Michy1980 (30-01-2020)

  6. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    28
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked
    11
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Michy1980 View Post
    Hi there
    My story is a little different from yours in that i don't have any known autoimmune diseases but I also have high natural killer cells and a partial gene match with my husband.

    I can conceive naturally but have had 5 miscarriages (and one live birth) before seeing Dr Matthias.

    I welcomed a little boy in August this year after following an immune protocol. It was my first pregnancy on the protocol.
    My protocol was prednisone, intralipids, clexane, progesterone pessaries and injections, LIT, vitamin d and e, zinc, thyroxine.

    Wishing you the best of luck. Happy to answer questions if I can help.
    Michy, given your partial gene match, did you have to have your partner's blood injected into your skin? It's a procedure recommended for partial match. Curious to know if this was part of your treatment. Thanks

  7. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    55
    Thanks
    66
    Thanked
    28
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Peacan View Post
    Michy, given your partial gene match, did you have to have your partner's blood injected into your skin? It's a procedure recommended for partial match. Curious to know if this was part of your treatment. Thanks
    Yes I did! That's what LIT is. It's a bit odd and who knows whether that's what made the difference but I wanted to try everything

  8. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    55
    Thanks
    66
    Thanked
    28
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Peacan View Post
    Michy, given your partial gene match, did you have to have your partner's blood injected into your skin? It's a procedure recommended for partial match. Curious to know if this was part of your treatment. Thanks
    Yes I did! That's what LIT is. It's a bit odd and who knows whether that's what made the difference but I wanted to try everything

  9. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    28
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked
    11
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Michy1980 View Post
    Yes I did! That's what LIT is. It's a bit odd and who knows whether that's what made the difference but I wanted to try everything
    Thank you for sharing this, it brings me hope! Just what I needed. Thanks again Michy

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Peacan For This Useful Post:

    Michy1980 (05-02-2020)

  11. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    87
    Thanks
    55
    Thanked
    32
    Reviews
    0

    Default High NK cells and partialDQ alpha match- tell me your hopeful stories

    I also had high NKC and partial DQ Alpha match with Hubby. Nick.L was my 3rd specialist and after 9 transfers elsewhere he got me pregnant on my first transfer with him. We also did LIT. My girl is about to turn 1. You’re in good hands, good luck.

  12. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    28
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked
    11
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnigan View Post
    I also had high NKC and partial DQ Alpha match with Hubby. Nick.L was my 3rd specialist and after 9 transfers elsewhere he got me pregnant on my first transfer with him. We also did LIT. My girl is about to turn 1. You’re in good hands, good luck.
    Oh my gosh, wonderful! Thanks for sharing this Finnigan, it's just what I needed to read.

  13. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    28
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked
    11
    Reviews
    0
    Hi all, sadly today's pregnancy blood test was a big fat negative. We are beyond sad as we threw everything at it including LIT, IVIG and intralipid. Just thought I'd post an update. We'll probably try another round when our mood lifts. Thanks again for sharing your inspiring stories, I hope to be as fortunate as you one day x


 

Similar Threads

  1. High NK cells and possible DQ Alpha gene match
    By Carlar78 in forum Reproductive Immunology
    Replies: 188
    Last Post: 30-08-2018, 10:50
  2. DQ-Alpha match + elevated uNK cells
    By AmyS87 in forum Introductions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 13-11-2017, 10:24
  3. HIgh NK cells, recurrent miscarriages and autism.
    By Waiit123 in forum Reproductive Immunology
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 19-02-2016, 23:44
  4. can I have normal unk cells and high blood nk cells?
    By Gusman in forum Reproductive Immunology
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 20-07-2015, 13:00
  5. Tell me your good stories about FDC
    By StrawberryTheMilkshake in forum Childcare Options
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 22-02-2009, 21:46

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

FEATURED SUPPORTER
BUMPFertilityPre-Conception and Conception Counselling – help for fear of pregnancy and parenthood, pregnancy loss, infertility, ...

ADVERTISEMENT