+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks so much guys, sorry I've been MIA, Gee having a newborn takes all your time up hey?!

I am so thankful for the advice, I'm going to go to baby bunting and check all these out. I am thinking of a transition bag because bub seems to always get one arm out of a swaddle so I presume he likes that and don't like to restrict him. Do you agree or should I still get a full swaddle bag?
    He's just so strong and I'm worried he will roll early, I guess it won't happen at 4 weeks though will it? What do you honestly think is best or does it come down to each baby?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Simyt For This Useful Post:

gorgeousgeorge (03-02-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I never used sleeping bags, you have to change their nappies so often and check the nappy before you feed them, I just found sleeping bags a pain in the proverbial.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mummamania For This Useful Post:

Simyt (06-02-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Simyt View Post
    Thanks so much guys, sorry I've been MIA, Gee having a newborn takes all your time up hey?!

I am so thankful for the advice, I'm going to go to baby bunting and check all these out. I am thinking of a transition bag because bub seems to always get one arm out of a swaddle so I presume he likes that and don't like to restrict him. Do you agree or should I still get a full swaddle bag?
    He's just so strong and I'm worried he will roll early, I guess it won't happen at 4 weeks though will it? What do you honestly think is best or does it come down to each baby?
    Definitely the love to dream, and I wouldn't worry about transitioning to arms out for a couple of months yet. He'll be able to put his arms up near his face if that's what he likes, and also suck his hands through the fabric to self settle. But the firmness of the swaddle bag means he'll still feel secure and won't startle himself awake.

In terms of nappy change overnight, it's so easy with bags bc you just unzip from the bottom up, halfway, and leave his arms and torso all snug in the bag while you do a quick change. Less disruptive than having to completely rewrap him, IMO.

Also, take a look on second-hand sites, as you can usually get some there (depending where you are). Much cheaper. Good luck.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to whiteroses For This Useful Post:

Simyt (06-02-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes, i never had a problem with changing nappy in the sleeping bag or love to dream as the have a zip you can go from bottom - up and just leave top half of body all warm and snuggly. Dont have to move them like you do to unwrap from a traditional cloth swaddle.
    And yeah, i used love to dream swaddles as 4 weeks old too, dd went to sleeping bags at 3 months and ds to sleeping bags at 6 weeks coz he was a mover and shaker, just fought and kicked like a frog in a sock in the LTD at that stage. So nothing is really right or wrong, just sew what your baby likes i reckon and you'll notice if they change. If you see him starting to stretch right out and turn head to the side, as first stages of trying to roll, during his awake time then you'll know its time to think about changing from the love to dream style swaddles. All babies are different xx

8. The Following User Says Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

Simyt (06-02-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews

I felt the same way with dd2, she was very strong and physical even as a little baby, like she was trying to roll from 6 weeks. I'm the end she was 3.5 months when she actually rolled for the first time. I found she would still startle herself awake in the Love to Dream bags. For her the Ergopouch cocoon bags were ideal, she liked the snuggly feeling. And I liked that they transitioned into regular sleeping bags, I got to use them longer.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Kalina For This Useful Post:

gorgeousgeorge (03-02-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ds3 has been strong from the get go - He rolled both ways at 3.5 months. I think you'll still have some time with B. xx

12. The Following User Says Thank You to MissTwiggley For This Useful Post:

Simyt (06-02-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all, thanks for your suggestions, we ended up with an ergo pouch this time as baby bunting don't have love to dream bags with zip off swaddle sides until over 6kg so I went for this one with press studs arms. Tried his nap with arms in and didn't like it so I let his arms out!IMAG3872.jpg

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Simyt For This Useful Post:

gorgeousgeorge (07-02-2020),Mod-Uniquey (07-02-2020),SJ565 (08-02-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Gorgeous bubba! 🥰@Simyt

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Uniquey For This Useful Post:

Simyt (07-02-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Uniquey View Post
    Gorgeous bubba! 🥰@Simyt
    Thanks so much, I think so
    Love those chubby arms!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Simyt For This Useful Post:

Mod-Uniquey (07-02-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all, thanks for your suggestions, we ended up with an ergo pouch this time as baby bunting don't have love to dream bags with zip off swaddle sides until over 6kg so I went for this one with press studs arms. Tried his nap with arms in and didn't like it so I let his arms out!Attachment 103197
    Gorgeous!
    My DS also hated being swaddled, and has been arms-out since about 3 weeks old (when I figured out his hatred of swaddling).
    On the plus side, I never had to do the whole transition to arms out thing

20. The Following User Says Thank You to SJ565 For This Useful Post:

Simyt (10-02-2020)