+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Formula transition

My youngest was bf until 12 months. She started daycare at about 7 months. She wouldn’t take a bottle even though I expressed. She was eating solids so wasn’t hungry. I used to just bf her before I left and as soon as I got there to pick her up. This was only 1 day a week at first and then 2 dads once I went to work.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

cbeg (04-02-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    i’m in the exact same boat as you. dd is 9 months and has been bf since birth. she took a bit of formula in those very early weeks but once boob was established, i stopped offering formula because it was more hassle plus boob is free. fast forward to now, and up until the other week, she wouldn’t even take a bottle of ebm. she’s starting daycare tomorrow and i started offering ebm in a bottle once a day and she now accepts it. next hurdle was formula, which i was certain she would reject. to introduce it slowly, i gave it to her in her weetbix this morning. she accepted it. i then offered the rest of the bottle and she played around with it a bit, but basically finished it. so i’ll send her into childcare tomorrow with 2 bottles and 2 sachets of formula. whilst i’m happy to bf on demand at home, i just don’t want the added pressure of having to pump for her daycare days and i certainly don’t intend to pump at work. well done for pumping this long, that’s an outstanding effort. you could also try mixing the ebm with some formula, i haven’t done this personally but it’s worth a go. alternatively you just give her ebm at home and she has cows milk at childcare. whatever you decide to do, good luck!
    Thank you

I have mixed formula into my breastmilk and he takes it. He was hungry and because I didn’t have fresh pumped bm for him to drink I gave him the formula and down the hatch it went.

I think slowly slowly he will take it so let’s see how we go thanks again

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    My youngest was bf until 12 months. She started daycare at about 7 months. She wouldn’t take a bottle even though I expressed. She was eating solids so wasn’t hungry. I used to just bf her before I left and as soon as I got there to pick her up. This was only 1 day a week at first and then 2 dads once I went to work.
    What was she eating at 7 months ?

Mine only eats morning and night and it’s a struggle to finish a little jar of Heinz pumpkin, potato beef!