+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by littleone11 View Post
    They are called Duphaston 10mg by Abbott Laboratories SA

Must be doing something I’ve got two positive Home tests, blood work tomorrow
    Congrats! Hope you get a nice high beta tomorrow xx

R

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Risa78 For This Useful Post:

littleone11 (24-01-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Thanks
    Reviews

Congratulations great news good luck for tomorrow

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Sweetu72 For This Useful Post:

littleone11 (24-01-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews

Ohh congrats on positive tests @littleone11 hope you get a nice definitive beta!

I am on Duphaston and Gestone. The idea was that I was going to do Duphaston (4x tablets daily) and Gestone every second day but Dr le Roux said if I had spotting to change to Gestone daily as well. I had spotting at about 10 or 11 dpo so am doing both daily. I’m 9w2d so not too much longer to go, will probably go to 11 weeks or so with the Gestone since I have it til then.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Outoftime I stayed at Park Inn Newlands because I stay for nearly 2 weeks at a time. I also did a couple of days in Simon’s town, a night at Aquila & one in Franschhoek but Newlands was my base, it’s nice and close to the clinic.

I used Uber’s exclusively for my July trip and always felt super safe and comfortable. Most recent trip in Dec I did rent a car as well and that was fine too although load shedding meant traffic lights were out at random times. I just didn’t go out at night by myself.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Snappysarah For This Useful Post:

Outoftime (31-01-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Snappysarah View Post
    @Outoftime I stayed at Park Inn Newlands because I stay for nearly 2 weeks at a time. I also did a couple of days in Simon’s town, a night at Aquila & one in Franschhoek but Newlands was my base, it’s nice and close to the clinic.

I used Uber’s exclusively for my July trip and always felt super safe and comfortable. Most recent trip in Dec I did rent a car as well and that was fine too although load shedding meant traffic lights were out at random times. I just didn’t go out at night by myself.
    Did you like Aquila .... how good is the pool & buffet!

Wonder if the pills are a newish option for the clinic ... seriously a god send though.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Egg Donation in South Africa #17

Did you like Aquila .... how good is the pool & buffet!

Wonder if the pills are a newish option for the clinic ... seriously a god send though.
    Looooved Aquila. First trip we just did a day trip but this time we stayed overnight. So worth it! The food is fabulous and I got my fill of all the soft cheese, yum. I swam in the infinity pool by myself and loved every second!

Yes pills are new, I think le Roux said the study was conducted last year, I wasn’t offered them in July.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That is fantastic news @littleone11 !! Congrats and good luck today with the bloods xx

I just realised that everybody on here talks about blood works and Beta's following a positive test result. I'm guessing you are getting these tests done back home and not in SA. Is this something the SA clinics advised you to do? I haven't done any prep or research into what I do after a positive test. (It's never happened to me as I've never been pregnant or had a transfer). To add another complication, my other half and I are moving to the States for a few months days after we return from the Embryo Transfer in SA. I'm getting in touch with clinics in the States, but I am now worried that I am missing vital tests.

Do you ladies mind advising me on what the essential next steps after a positive home pregnancy test is? I know I'll be on Progynova, Crinone Gel, Apsirin and Prednisone following the transfer, but do I need to have bloods taken to measure my levels for purposes of increasing/decreasing doses? How often do you have bloods?

Thanks! xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Beaudie View Post
    That is fantastic news @littleone11 !! Congrats and good luck today with the bloods xx

I just realised that everybody on here talks about blood works and Beta's following a positive test result. I'm guessing you are getting these tests done back home and not in SA. Is this something the SA clinics advised you to do? I haven't done any prep or research into what I do after a positive test. (It's never happened to me as I've never been pregnant or had a transfer). To add another complication, my other half and I are moving to the States for a few months days after we return from the Embryo Transfer in SA. I'm getting in touch with clinics in the States, but I am now worried that I am missing vital tests.

Do you ladies mind advising me on what the essential next steps after a positive home pregnancy test is? I know I'll be on Progynova, Crinone Gel, Apsirin and Prednisone following the transfer, but do I need to have bloods taken to measure my levels for purposes of increasing/decreasing doses? How often do you have bloods?

Thanks! xx
    So many exciting things coming up for you!

I guess by finding a Dr in the state’s they can guide you through your pregnancy.

SA clinic generally ask for two blood tests to ensure the hcg is rising however the dr I saw myself said he doesn’t really push for that as that second test can cause more anxiety in some mother than it’s worth .... each to their own though really.

I’ll be getting the two tests done.

My understanding of the supporting medication doesn’t seem to change , SA clinic will advise you on your own personal outcome though.

Good luck with your next life chapter 🙏🏼

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Beaudie View Post

Thanks! xx
    Good luck with it all! So when you do your embryo transfer the Dr will tell you what date you should get your first blood test done. I just saw a GP when I got back to get a referral for 2 blood tests and then when the second one showed a good doubling time I also used the appointment to get a referral for an ultrasound and a referral to my obstetrician who I had already contacted. If you have a reliable GP you don’t have to do it all at once but I tend to be a bit obsessive about these things.

The clinic in SA should provide you with enough medication to see you through your pregnancy unless you have specific needs.

If you will be a couple of months pregnant by the time you move to the States I imagine finding a good obstetrician will be what you want to plan for. Will you have health insurance organised before you get there?

All very exciting! Good luck with the planning!