+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Egg Donation in South Africa #17

Quote Originally Posted by littleone11 View Post
    Hi ladies,

Who has taken the progesterone pills instead of the injections? Any different outcome ...

I’m on pills now & have some really achy back pain, is this a side effect?
    Hi @littleone11. 🤞 for your ttw. Wondering if you obtained the progesterone pills in Australia? I've never heard of them but the thought of going through the injections again for 20+ weeks makes my eyes water. Are they as effective as the injections?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Outoftime View Post
    Hi @littleone11. 🤞 for your ttw. Wondering if you obtained the progesterone pills in Australia? I've never heard of them but the thought of going through the injections again for 20+ weeks makes my eyes water. Are they as effective as the injections?
    I got the pills in Sth Africa I should of got more in hind sight.,

No idea but the clinic were happy to offer me the choice .. which I jumped at! He said no difference.

I’ll have to get the super expensive injections in Australia if I can’t source the pills .

Thanks every niggle now I’m thinking is it implanting haha only 5 days til I test.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to littleone11 For This Useful Post:

Outoftime (21-01-2020),Sweetu72 (21-01-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    F

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got the pills in Sth Africa I should of got more in hind sight.,

No idea but the clinic were happy to offer me the choice .. which I jumped at! He said no difference.

I’ll have to get the super expensive injections in Australia if I can’t source the pills .

Thanks every niggle now I’m thinking is it implanting haha only 5 days til I test.
    Omg @littleone11 I'm so excited about the possibility of taking pills instead of oil injections. You are my hero for mentioning this. I cannot explain how bruised and in pain I was after using oil injections every day for 30 weeks. I couldn't sit down I was so bruised. Yes I was having to buy the oil from Sydney which was so expensive. But it had to be done to get my precious tinkerbell.
    I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I’m so glad you got a happy outcome but my behind is thanking me already!

Get as many boxes as they will allow as I was running around to the pharmacy trying to get extra. I’m short a couple of weeks though.

I did ask the clinic why it was an option this time as prior o did oil & suppositories

He said the body can only absorb so much & not to compare the pills

So I’m running with it & nothing else.

Only 5 days til test anyway 🙈

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    What's the name of the progesterone pills? I just used pio last time and crinone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Outoftime View Post
    Omg @littleone11 I'm so excited about the possibility of taking pills instead of oil injections. You are my hero for mentioning this. I cannot explain how bruised and in pain I was after using oil injections every day for 30 weeks. I couldn't sit down I was so bruised. Yes I was having to buy the oil from Sydney which was so expensive. But it had to be done to get my precious tinkerbell.
    I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.
    30 weeks on the injections you are a trooper! I switched to pessaries around 15 weeks. I found that was the point there was a big jump in bruising levels and I had a couple horror show injections with blood spurting out everywhere. So I just told my RI that I had run out of Gestone . I figured if he really thought it made a difference he’d give me a script for more PIO, but he just put me on pessaries. Weaning off them now at 30w.

R

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by midnite01 View Post
    What's the name of the progesterone pills? I just used pio last time and crinone.
    They are called Duphaston 10mg by Abbott Laboratories SA

Must be doing something I’ve got two positive Home tests, blood work tomorrow

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to littleone11 For This Useful Post:

Risa78 (23-01-2020),Sweetu72 (24-01-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    They are called Duphaston 10mg by Abbott Laboratories SA

Must be doing something I’ve got two positive Home tests, blood work tomorrow
    Big congrats @littleone11. That is wonderful news. 🎉👏

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Risa78 View Post
    30 weeks on the injections you are a trooper! I switched to pessaries around 15 weeks. I found that was the point there was a big jump in bruising levels and I had a couple horror show injections with blood spurting out everywhere. So I just told my RI that I had run out of Gestone . I figured if he really thought it made a difference he’d give me a script for more PIO, but he just put me on pessaries. Weaning off them now at 30w.

R
    Tell me about it @Risa78. I was on both - injections and pessaries. I got to a point that I begged my Sydney spec to let me stop the injections. I apparently was having a reaction which was causing the pain and bruising. Best he offered was reduce to every 2nd day but that was only for the last week so didn't do me any favours. 😢😢.
    30w Not long now . You must be getting excited.