+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Mums of twins help!

Hi ladies, I have recently found out at my 10 week scan that I am expecting identical twins.

At first it was not picked up and I was mentally prepared for one baby. I am still in shock and feeling extremely overwhelmed.

Google is not helping as it is making me extremely paranoid. My twins have their own sac but share a placenta.

Could any mums that have had twins give me an insight into their experience, things I need to be aware of and what I need to look out for please?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to shellzand For This Useful Post:

Mummamania (18-01-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had fraternal twin girls. I had no morning sickness, totally no issue at all while pregnant, carried them to 37 weeks and 3 days, went into labour naturally and it was a normal delivery. They were born 7 minutes apart. They were both healthy weights, 6lbs10 and 6lbs 7.
    My only advice would be..
    Join AMBA (Australian Multiple Births Association) where there are lots and lots of twin mums, and those who have more recent experience, my twins are 14 now!!!
    It's SO exciting, huge congratulations, and try not to read negative things on the internet, it will make you worry about things that are more than likely to never even happen!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok wow thank you! You’ve given me hope. I would love to birth them naturally so I really hope I can find an Ob that is open to this! You’ve made me feel so much better thank you!

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shellzand For This Useful Post:

Mum-I-Am (19-01-2020),Mummamania (19-01-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    @shellzand congratulations, it’s such an overwhelming time when you find out about twins. I spent 2 weeks in total shock and then most of my pregnancy close to tears when people would tell me how exciting/wonderful it was. I was so worried about how I would cope.

We have Dcda twins so 2 sacs and placentas so I can’t offer much specific help about your Mcda bubbas.

My twins were born via caesarean (both breach) at 34 weeks and spent 2 weeks in NICU/SCN. They are now 5 months old. It has been a hard and exhausting journey to date but it really is wonderful as well.

I second finding your local MBA. If you have a few nearby maybe see which is more active, you can join whichever you want.

I would also recommend joining some Facebook pages, I’ll send you a PM.

Feel free to ask any questions.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had fraternal girl/girl twins and pregnancy was really good, I carried them until 38 wks, both 7lb and should have had a vaginal birth but the girls we wedged down too far so ended up with a csection, I’m in rural qld so we may have had a MBA around here but it’s probably in the next big town which is an hours drive so I didn’t bother, would have been great though so I agree if you do have one locally, join up. My girls are nearly 6 now, can’t believe that, but it’s been a blast with them. If you breastfeed, take it easy the first few months and don’t try and do too much to start with because I found it affected my milk production a lot if I tried to do too much.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Empty your inbox @ Shellzand