+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Experiences for birthday

Hey ladies,
    I’m needing some ideas for experiences for DS birthday.. our original plan was sleeping at Dubbo Zoo either camping or a room but the drought is making that feel like maybe it’s not going to be the best option?
    Now issue is DS birthday is February and he’s turning 6, so not old enough some things and also hot and of course drought..
    he loves animals so we have done zoos, aquarium and reptile park. I am absolutely stumped for ideas this year though.

We live in Central West NSW but are happy to travel a few hours around. Can be overnight.

Any ideas? I’m stuck. I seriously can’t think of anything

Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think the Dubbo zoo idea sounds wonderful.

Other idea - Questacon in Canberra. Hands on science exhibits for kids. You could easily spend the best part of a day there. It's hard to predict but smoke may still be an issue. Hopefully it won't though.

ETA link - https://www.questacon.edu.au/

If you go to Canberra you could also check out the AIS - https://visitcanberra.com.au/attract...e-of-sport-ais
    Last edited by SSecret Squirrel; 14-01-2020 at 16:38.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SSecret Squirrel View Post
    I think the Dubbo zoo idea sounds wonderful.

Other idea - Questacon in Canberra. Hands on science exhibits for kids. You could easily spend the best part of a day there. It's hard to predict but smoke may still be an issue. Hopefully it won't though.

ETA link - https://www.questacon.edu.au/

If you go to Canberra you could also check out the AIS - https://visitcanberra.com.au/attract...e-of-sport-ais
    Thanks! Dubbo zoo is top of our list, he loves it there but yeah the drought has me worried..

Oh we love questacon! My brother and SIL bought a family pass for DS for Christmas so they could take him there one day soon so it is out unfortunately but it is an awesome place!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We did the overnight experience at Dubbo zoo on our honeymoon 10 years ago, the one where you actually have tours behind the scenes after hours and in the morning. It was absolutely amazing and we will one day do it again! I’m pretty sure you can do it with kids at 6, we went back in the Sept holidays and didn’t do the overnight experience because we had a 18 month old, 5 year old and 7 year old and decided it wasn’t worth spending that amount of money at those ages (especially the youngest 2). We did do two days at the zoo(you get a two day pass these days!) and on the second day we hired a buggy and whizzed around in that, or you could do bikes instead if he is a confident rider.

On that trip we also went home via Bathurst and did the national mineral and dinosaur museum which the kids absolutely loved. We then stayed in Katoomba and did some walks around the three sisters (not sure how these areas are at the moment, this was before fires started). We thought about visiting some caves but ultimately just didn’t have time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was leaning towards to Dubbo Zoo but now I have no idea DF has slipped a disc in his back so the plans of long drives or lots of walking isn’t a good thing. I have absolutely no idea what to do now