+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 47 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone.

I am new to this IVF journey. Had my EPU yesterday and they only got 5 matured eggs. Today, I received a call that only one fertilised. I feel down yet hopeful. I just hope and pray that this precious one will keep fighting for us.
    Last edited by redbutterfly; 25-02-2020 at 15:00.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redbutterfly View Post
    Hi everyone.

I am new to this IVF journey. Had my EPU yesterday and they only got 5 matured eggs. Today, I received a call that only one fertilised. I feel down yet hopeful. I just hope and pray that this precious one will keep fighting for us.
    Chin up. My mate only had one embie. She’s now nearly 5 years old. You only need one!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone.

Welcome!! It’s always hard to hear this sort of news.. but you must take the positive out of it and that is “you have got 1” 🥰
    And you may have the healthiest little uterus just waiting to give that embie a new home! 🤞
    Goodluck and keep us posted with transfer day. and look after yourself, reeeelax!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @amiracle4me. That is what my nurse told me as well. I really pray this is the one. I am scheduled for a Saturday transfer.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to redbutterfly For This Useful Post:

amiracle4me (27-02-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Caseyw View Post
    Welcome!! It’s always hard to hear this sort of news.. but you must take the positive out of it and that is “you have got 1” 🥰
    And you may have the healthiest little uterus just waiting to give that embie a new home! 🤞
    Goodluck and keep us posted with transfer day. and look after yourself, reeeelax!
    Thanks @Caseyw. I am scheduled for Saturday transfer. Will definitely keep you posted guys.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Caseyw View Post
    Our fully hatched embie (day 6 blast)
    Oh wow! This embryo looks really good. Hoping and praying this one works you.

Hope the 2ww just flies.
    Meanwhile stay relaxed ,keep your feed up more of proteins and lots of water. Hope you are taking the prenatal vitamins everyday. And try keeping yourself bit warm. May be wear a socks. These are little things that you could do during the tww. I really wish this one sticks for you. 🤞

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Jsam For This Useful Post:

Caseyw (26-02-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jsam View Post
    Oh wow! This embryo looks really good. Hoping and praying this one works you.

Hope the 2ww just flies.
    Meanwhile stay relaxed ,keep your feed up more of proteins and lots of water. Hope you are taking the prenatal vitamins everyday. And try keeping yourself bit warm. May be wear a socks. These are little things that you could do during the tww. I really wish this one sticks for you. 🤞
    Yeah I take elevit, I’m still juicing raw vegetables each morning drinking that..
    and I’ve stopped coffee and tea, just drinking lots of water and always keeping warm! 🥰
    Thanks and I really hope this one works too coz I’m broke! 🤣

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Caseyw For This Useful Post:

BBBB (27-02-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone.

Hey lovely, man those phone calls are rough! I had the same experience this cycle: 11 eggs and only one of them fertilised. I was devastated...but then this one good egg made it all the way to a good looking 5 day old blastocyst good enough to freeze...I'm transferring it sometime in the next week.

I know there are tons of people who've had the experience of getting no embryos at the end of a cycle so I'm remembering to be grateful for one. Let us know how you go? Be thinking of you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    And don't forget your vitamin D everyone! It's not conclusive evidence but there's a suspected link between low vitamin D and lower implantation rates. If you live somewhere like Melbourne, like I do, you're probably low, so it's good for you to supplement it anyway!

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BBBB For This Useful Post:

a million dreams (27-02-2020),Caseyw (27-02-2020),Jsam (27-02-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone.

To join in the chorus of "it only takes one" my wife went in for her retrieval a fortnight ago. Only obtained 2 mature eggs, and by the next day only one had fertilised. She was devastated, but that strong little bugger has turned into a high-quality 5 day embryo that's been put on ice! Similarly, in Dec 2018 I was devastated to have a low return on frozen embies, but here I am nearly 28 weeks pregnant with one of them!

Keep taking good care of yourself (physically and emotionally) so you're relaxed and ready for that Saturday transfer.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Toebeans For This Useful Post:

BBBB (27-02-2020)