Does anyone know any support services who help with the cost of something medical? I'm located in Melbourne.

My son suffers from infant sleep apnoea and has had some complications from having breathing episodes and stopping breathing, so now he has a feeding tube.

I am needing to get a special backpack/pram attachment that carries the feeding tube pump and it's attachments/accessories.

The cost is $140 plus $17 postage and because I am still waiting for NDIS funding and carers payments to be assessed/approved I just can't afford it at the moment because I'm paying for all his other medical expenses.
https://www.brightsky.com.au/epages/...roducts/501335

With out the backpack/pram attachment we are pretty much house bound while he has his feeds and at the moment that is 16 hours of a 24 hour day. So it's making life very difficult.

I spoke to the hospital social worker but because they don't deem is medically essential they weren't able to help. But I don't have anyone to look after him while I go out to my own medical appointments or down to get milk.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance.