+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default ALL day sickness

I'm 11 weeks, and have been nauseous since roughly the beginning of week 6...feels like forever as its never ending. I'm pretty much stuck in bed, or on the couch not functional and its getting to me. I feel lucky I am on my school holidays (I'm a teacher) I'd be missing A LOT of work otherwise, though...this is not how I wanted to spend my summer break....cant get myself to the beach, car rides are a sure fire way to make me vom.

I don't vomit often but always feel like i am going too and have tried every remedy under the sun.

Ginger lollys
    Ginger beer...ginger anything..
    Travel bands
    Zofran (doesn't work)
    Doxylamine (doesn't work)
    B6
    eat small meals
    crackers
    bland foods
    carbs
    Ice Blocks (Lemon)
    Lemon water
    smelling lemons
    ...the list goes on.

I'm wondering is there something I haven't tried? Should I go back to my GP? My OB said keep taking the Doxy in the AM and Zofran at night...but I feel like I'm taking meds for no reason as they just barely take the edge off...I'm still not functioning...and not sure how much more of this I can take..

I also take Lexapo (prone to depression)...which I am finding when I take it, I get worse...and vomit....similar with my vitamins...

any help or advice much appreciated, even someone to commiserate with...this is my first pregnancy on my 5th IVF try....would so very much like to be enjoying this pregnancy...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    26+4 here, still sick, but not as bad in the beginning, zofran stopped the actual vomiting but not the constant nausea, stemetil helped take the edge of the nausea so I could go to work, I ended up finishing work at 16 weeks because I was so sick this time. Sending you wellness vibes.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to PipersMummy For This Useful Post:

rubyclaire (13-01-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello Ruby, the first trimester is always a bummer. Things usually ease up when you reach 12 to 13 months. I had the works during the first few weeks, frequent peeing and painful boobs tummy cramps, mood changes, and mild headaches.

I suggest you ask your OB first before taking any more meds. When is your next appointment?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rubyclaire View Post
    I'm 11 weeks, and have been nauseous since roughly the beginning of week 6...feels like forever as its never ending. I'm pretty much stuck in bed, or on the couch not functional and its getting to me. I feel lucky I am on my school holidays (I'm a teacher) I'd be missing A LOT of work otherwise, though...this is not how I wanted to spend my summer break....cant get myself to the beach, car rides are a sure fire way to make me vom.

I don't vomit often but always feel like i am going too and have tried every remedy under the sun.

Ginger lollys
    Ginger beer...ginger anything..
    Travel bands
    Zofran (doesn't work)
    Doxylamine (doesn't work)
    B6
    eat small meals
    crackers
    bland foods
    carbs
    Ice Blocks (Lemon)
    Lemon water
    smelling lemons
    ...the list goes on.

I'm wondering is there something I haven't tried? Should I go back to my GP? My OB said keep taking the Doxy in the AM and Zofran at night...but I feel like I'm taking meds for no reason as they just barely take the edge off...I'm still not functioning...and not sure how much more of this I can take..

I also take Lexapo (prone to depression)...which I am finding when I take it, I get worse...and vomit....similar with my vitamins...

any help or advice much appreciated, even someone to commiserate with...this is my first pregnancy on my 5th IVF try....would so very much like to be enjoying this pregnancy...
    Can sympathise with you. I had hyperemesis gravardium throughout my pregnancy, it was awful.
    What dose of meds has your gp recommended?
    Zofron/ondansatron I took 3 times a day at 8mg. Combined with b6 and maxalon. I also found out I was anemic so having a iron infusion in the 2nd trimester I feel helped ease the nausea.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default ALL day sickness

I was just like you, all day nausea week 6-12 both times. The only thing that slightly helped was blackmores travel calm ginger tablets . 3 a day spread out. And peppermint tea
    B6 made me heaps worse
    Wow you’ve timed that well with holidays! Hopefully like most it goes next week or week after.
    Worst time of my life
    Last edited by Kazza78; 10-01-2020 at 19:19.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I never took meds, but try maxalon

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Kazza78 For This Useful Post:

rubyclaire (13-01-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I saw my OB she said to increase the doxy at night and take the zofran in the mornings. I've been taking 25 mg of Doxy at night since, still feel pretty gross but not as bad...haven't continued taking the zofran...I didn't like how it made me feel. Really hopeful as I'm coming up to 12 weeks that the end is near.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to rubyclaire For This Useful Post:

Kazza78 (14-01-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Glad to know your OB gave you meds that were helpful. I suppose you're in your second trimester now? Feeling better I hope?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just got maxalone today .. first gp gave me something else ( began with O) but then called to say not to take it as I’m only in 1 St trimester.

Any side effects from maxalone , seems you can only take it for 5 days too.

Hope everyone is traveling ok I’m sick of feeling terrible tbh it really gets you down.