+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Flinders Fertility vs FertilitySA

Hiya, has anyone had any dealings with the Adelaide Fertility clinics, and success with poor egg quality? Haha I sound desperate, but just wanting to know peoples experiences and success stories...

I have my follow up with Repromed soon and booked in with Flinders Fertility for a 2nd opinion and thinking of also booking in to see someone from FertilitySA

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I’ve been to all three.
    Started at Repromed,
    Left for FertilitySA
    Back to Repromed
    Left for Flinders Fertility
    Back to Repromed (currently nursing my 7 month old son )
    I think I did 5 EPU all togethers, too many transfers to remember and a few IUIs. Not all listed above. It wasn’t easy. Maybe chopping and changing wasn’t the smartest strategy but I was constantly learning and researching and needed the best out of box care and a Dr that would listen. I found that with Professor Tremellen at Repromed. Wishing you all the best.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by augieandaddie View Post
    I’ve been to all three.
    Started at Repromed,
    Left for FertilitySA
    Back to Repromed
    Left for Flinders Fertility
    Back to Repromed (currently nursing my 7 month old son )
    I think I did 5 EPU all togethers, too many transfers to remember and a few IUIs. Not all listed above. It wasn’t easy. Maybe chopping and changing wasn’t the smartest strategy but I was constantly learning and researching and needed the best out of box care and a Dr that would listen. I found that with Professor Tremellen at Repromed. Wishing you all the best.
    Hey thank you for your input! I really appreciate it.

What is the reason you're doing IVF and is this your first pregnancy? We are currently Prof KT as well. However, I am really worried he isn't going to have the best news for us next week! I am that nervous I have taken the day off, in case I need to process what he has to say. Instead of being at work.

Our only issue is all our embryo's arrest before day 3 So after 3 epu, it isn't looking very hopeful. And I am sure Kelton knows what he is doing, but also I need to look at getting other opinions on our situation and moving forward.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Somehow I got old overnight and didn’t realise there was an actual tock clicking! My first appointment was the day before I turned 38. I was 40 when I had our son. My hubby and I have been together since 2001 and never had any pregnancies nor were we trying or avoiding but you’d think we would have had a surprise along the way. So although my age had something to do with it, I knew there was always something else going on. The cause of our infertility is still unknown. I had very mild endometriosis removed (never had a problem with my cycles or pain or discomfort), we never had many embryos (2 x EPU they couldn’t collect from my left ovary as it was hiding, 1 x EPU I actually ovulated on left side) so that didn’t help numbers. But we always had 5 day PGS tested embryos that just wouldn’t implant (2 x chemicals). I think it was a problem with my lining, it wasn’t until I asked for Neupogen did we get our BFP. FertilitySA wouldn’t listen, Flinders couldn’t use it without approval from the board, and finally after standing my ground got PT to throw everything at my last attempt as I said I’d walk... and money talks I truly believe it. I could and would have gone elsewhere (as I had twice before). I’m so thankful I didn’t. I’ll be thinking of you next week, maybe ask PT about using Neupogen as an injectable whilst stimming and after transfer? That worked for a friend of mine whose embryos didn’t make it to transfer/testing. They would either seize or have high fragmentation. I used it as an uterine wash a few times before transfer, I think it switched something on and allowed for implantation, I know so many viable embryos were lost along the way Let me know how you go x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by augieandaddie View Post
    Somehow I got old overnight and didn’t realise there was an actual tock clicking! My first appointment was the day before I turned 38. I was 40 when I had our son. My hubby and I have been together since 2001 and never had any pregnancies nor were we trying or avoiding but you’d think we would have had a surprise along the way. So although my age had something to do with it, I knew there was always something else going on. The cause of our infertility is still unknown. I had very mild endometriosis removed (never had a problem with my cycles or pain or discomfort), we never had many embryos (2 x EPU they couldn’t collect from my left ovary as it was hiding, 1 x EPU I actually ovulated on left side) so that didn’t help numbers. But we always had 5 day PGS tested embryos that just wouldn’t implant (2 x chemicals). I think it was a problem with my lining, it wasn’t until I asked for Neupogen did we get our BFP. FertilitySA wouldn’t listen, Flinders couldn’t use it without approval from the board, and finally after standing my ground got PT to throw everything at my last attempt as I said I’d walk... and money talks I truly believe it. I could and would have gone elsewhere (as I had twice before). I’m so thankful I didn’t. I’ll be thinking of you next week, maybe ask PT about using Neupogen as an injectable whilst stimming and after transfer? That worked for a friend of mine whose embryos didn’t make it to transfer/testing. They would either seize or have high fragmentation. I used it as an uterine wash a few times before transfer, I think it switched something on and allowed for implantation, I know so many viable embryos were lost along the way Let me know how you go x
    Thank you so much for this information, Repromed already know we aren't happy and that is a story for another time. I hate that things change when we get old, it sucks! I thought our first cycle would 100% be successful because my partner has a child and I was like well I am still young and nothing is wrong with me. Haha how naive was i! I am the exact same though, as I have been off birth control fro years, even with my ex, and not once did we have an oopsies! That had always played in the back of my mind as well.

Last night I went through all my records, and it is mentioned multiple times that I have pcos, which I had absolutely no idea about! Which is frustrating and our original FS never said anything, just that I am a tricky one which I was getting pretty fed up hearing. I am glad you finally got your bubs!

What is Neupogen? I have read about other human growth hormones that are suppose to help with egg quality? Which I will be talking to PT about, I am just worried he is going to tell me that we should probably start looking at Donor eggs. I am not ready to give up on my eggs yet, but we also don't have unlimited money, and the emotion/mental side is so taxing

I want to ask about Menopur, and see if that will have a better impact on my egg quality, as I have read else where that people that switch from either purgeon/gonal to menopur have great results, when they previously hadn't!?

I have an appt booked at Flinders Ferility next Friday and then an appt booked at FertilitySA on the 3rd of Feb. I honestly don't want to move, but I also want my baby haha

I will be sure to keep you posted. Thank you so much for your advise! xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Emily - seeing as you’re in Adelaide there is a REALLY helpful Facebook group you may be interested in (if you’re not already aware of it). There’s sooooo much info on there about people’s experiences with different clinics and it’s extremely active. It’s been amazing - my questions are usually answered within an hour by multiple people. It’s been super informative for me. If you’re interested in joining, you can find it just by searching for ‘adelaide ivf support group’ and ask to join

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulred View Post
    Hey Emily - seeing as you’re in Adelaide there is a REALLY helpful Facebook group you may be interested in (if you’re not already aware of it). There’s sooooo much info on there about people’s experiences with different clinics and it’s extremely active. It’s been amazing - my questions are usually answered within an hour by multiple people. It’s been super informative for me. If you’re interested in joining, you can find it just by searching for ‘adelaide ivf support group’ and ask to join
    Hey, thank you for this info. Believe it or not, I am one of the few people that doesn't have facebook haha. I have been FB free for 2 years now and got rid of my instagram last year after my first failed IVF cycle because I couldn't handle seeing babies all the time and pregnancy announcements..

I went to my original clinic last Friday morning and then to FF that afternoon and they both confirmed I don't have a very high chance of pregnancy with my eggs. So I am waiting for my 3rd appt at FertilitySA on the 3rd of Feb, see what happens at that clinic and go from there. My current FS has given me 2 more cycles before I should start looking at DE and not throwing IVF in the bin all together and never having kids. I have Smooth ER in my eggs and apparently my eggs are acting like 48 yo eggs?!

Feel like I am at a bit of a dead end at the moment

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by emilyc View Post
    Hey, thank you for this info. Believe it or not, I am one of the few people that doesn't have facebook haha. I have been FB free for 2 years now and got rid of my instagram last year after my first failed IVF cycle because I couldn't handle seeing babies all the time and pregnancy announcements..

I went to my original clinic last Friday morning and then to FF that afternoon and they both confirmed I don't have a very high chance of pregnancy with my eggs. So I am waiting for my 3rd appt at FertilitySA on the 3rd of Feb, see what happens at that clinic and go from there. My current FS has given me 2 more cycles before I should start looking at DE and not throwing IVF in the bin all together and never having kids. I have Smooth ER in my eggs and apparently my eggs are acting like 48 yo eggs?!

Feel like I am at a bit of a dead end at the moment 😞
    Oh I hear you about Facebook...I went off it for a year or so and ended up getting sucked back into it haha! I’ve managed to filter what comes up in my feed now these days so it’s not too bad after sorting that out and clearing out some people

I’m just starting the IVF journey. Had initial appointment with Repromed last month and our next appointment is Saturday. We’re dealing with low sperm count and motility at this stage, but husband and I had more tests done so will find out more on Saturday.

Have any of the clinics talked about what you/they may be able to do to have better odds using your own eggs? Hopefully with all the modern medicine we have available they can get you a great result! I wish you all the best with your appointment at Fertility SA and you can have a success story real soon.

I hope you have lots of support around you through all of this. I’ve seen how rough this journey can be for lots of different people.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Soulred For This Useful Post:

emilyc (23-01-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulred View Post
    Oh I hear you about Facebook...I went off it for a year or so and ended up getting sucked back into it haha! I’ve managed to filter what comes up in my feed now these days so it’s not too bad after sorting that out and clearing out some people

I’m just starting the IVF journey. Had initial appointment with Repromed last month and our next appointment is Saturday. We’re dealing with low sperm count and motility at this stage, but husband and I had more tests done so will find out more on Saturday.

Have any of the clinics talked about what you/they may be able to do to have better odds using your own eggs? Hopefully with all the modern medicine we have available they can get you a great result! I wish you all the best with your appointment at Fertility SA and you can have a success story real soon.

I hope you have lots of support around you through all of this. I’ve seen how rough this journey can be for lots of different people.

That is great, hopefully that is the only thing that is stopping you from getting pregnant naturally and you are successful in you 1st or 2nd cycle. They always say 1st cycle is trial and error. But I have seen so many people across different forums get successful in the 1st cycle!

I do like repromed, unfortunately in our first 2 cycles with our old Dr. We just lost faith in the whole process and felt like we just weren't being looked after properly. But we are now with Prof Kelton Tremellen. You must be getting excited about starting! I know you've told me before who your Dr is, who is it again though? I have forgotten haha

At this stage I have something called smooth endoplasmic reticulum, so there is nothing you can do to help that. I asked FS about HGH and anything else I could take for egg quality. I am already on all the supplement coq10 etc. need to be on them for 3 months. he said that won't harm trying, and studies show that HGH isn't necessarily that good for egg quality. We have 2 more cycles so if a change of stim drugs doesn't work with this cycle, might give the last cycle a last hoorah and pay the $1200 to go on the HGH. Can't hurt to try before having to look at DE.

I think the only thing that I am kind of in denial about and baffled about, is the fact that I am only 28yo almost 29. It just doesn't make sense?! But will see what the 3rd Dr says, and if he says the same as what Kelton has said, then I guess it is what it is?!

My OH hasn't been the greatest support after our 3rd cycle, its only now that I am finally back on my feet and feeling somewhat happy again this week, that he wants to have phone free time and spend time with me etc. Like mate where were you when I needed you the most! So that has kind of ****ed me off! haha

When do you think you'll start stimming?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by emilyc View Post
    That is great, hopefully that is the only thing that is stopping you from getting pregnant naturally and you are successful in you 1st or 2nd cycle. They always say 1st cycle is trial and error. But I have seen so many people across different forums get successful in the 1st cycle!

I do like repromed, unfortunately in our first 2 cycles with our old Dr. We just lost faith in the whole process and felt like we just weren't being looked after properly. But we are now with Prof Kelton Tremellen. You must be getting excited about starting! I know you've told me before who your Dr is, who is it again though? I have forgotten haha

At this stage I have something called smooth endoplasmic reticulum, so there is nothing you can do to help that. I asked FS about HGH and anything else I could take for egg quality. I am already on all the supplement coq10 etc. need to be on them for 3 months. he said that won't harm trying, and studies show that HGH isn't necessarily that good for egg quality. We have 2 more cycles so if a change of stim drugs doesn't work with this cycle, might give the last cycle a last hoorah and pay the $1200 to go on the HGH. Can't hurt to try before having to look at DE.

I think the only thing that I am kind of in denial about and baffled about, is the fact that I am only 28yo almost 29. It just doesn't make sense?! But will see what the 3rd Dr says, and if he says the same as what Kelton has said, then I guess it is what it is?!

My OH hasn't been the greatest support after our 3rd cycle, its only now that I am finally back on my feet and feeling somewhat happy again this week, that he wants to have phone free time and spend time with me etc. Like mate where were you when I needed you the most! So that has kind of ****ed me off! haha

When do you think you'll start stimming?
    We’re seeing Dr James Harvey - he is really lovely and after seeing him again today I’m feeling really comfortable with him. Nothing is too much trouble for him and he makes sure we ask any questions we have before leaving. It’s probably standard for all FS haha! But I just feel really good about him. He has loads of experience and success stories so fingers crossed we are another one for him!

I’m glad your OH has been better...I swear men really do function differently from us haha! My husband was a bit closed off after our first appointment which concerned me. I felt he was borderline rude to our FS and thought if he’s going to be like this now, how hard will he make things once we get started?! But he has been a dream since I spoke with him about it, he feels confident in our FS after todays appointment - I think his ego must’ve taken a beating when his man bits were under scrutiny last time!

He is now on medication for a minimum of 3 months to try and increase his sperm etc. He will be tested again to see if there is a enough to do our first ICSI cycle, so I won’t be stimming until May at the earliest. He may even need a sperm retrieval procedure if we don’t have any luck with the meds. I’m going to use these 3 months to drop some of my excess weight and get my diet under control - anything I can do to help our chances!

I hope you have some better luck with your next cycle. There surely has to be a chance of success if they’re suggesting to try 2 more rounds before moving to DE. Have they been able to offer any insight as to why your eggs may be behaving in that way? We’re so lucky to have science to hopefully give us all the outcomes we want 🤞🏼🤞🏼