+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasselhoff View Post
    Anyone else have kindy starters next year? DS will be one of the older kids (he’s a feb birthday and will be turning 6) we are so glad we kept him back another year! No way would he have coped this year.

Are your little ones excited? How are you feeling?

Figured I’d start a thread to chat with other kindy parents! DS is our only child so this is the first and last time we will experience it and I’m almost ready to cry now lol
    My DS3 is starting school this year! Being the youngest of three and also coming to the school that I teach at, I thought he would be super excited and really laidback about it. He was actually the complete opposite and I had to fight to get him to transition once he got there he realised he was with his bestie from day care and he also absolutely loved the teacher and now he’s busting to go! I also have my eldest son starting high school so I am a bundle of emotions thinking about what’s to come!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Chippa For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats (02-01-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    There’s a lot more school starters than I thought! I’m glad I’m not alone! I’m going to be a total mess! My mum and stepdad have asked to join us for the first day of school (I was initially a little sad but now I’m ok with it, DS will love having them there)

Does anyone else’s child do a ‘best start interview’? DS is doing his the day before he starts. Not sure what to expect but we aren’t worried, DS is great at writing, numbers, colours, shapes. Writes his full name and is recognising some words so I think he will do ok. Hopefully he doesn’t get bored! That will be his down fall I think.. he gets bored really easily.

We picked up a new bag, lunch box, drink bottle and stuff today so we are definitely getting there. Have uniforms sorted but not washing anything yet in case he has a growth spurt lol. He’s so skinny shorts have been fun to get

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS picked a school bag yesterday.. I didn’t think much of it but his plastic reading folder we bought is just a TINY bit too big to fit. It’s not an easy fit so I guess I’m going to need to find another folder because I already spent the money on the bag

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have one starting school too. She keeps telling people she is nervous but she is actually super excited and doesn’t seem that nervous at all. She has the same teacher that dd1 had and the one little girl from her preschool that is going to her school is in her class as well as two younger siblings of friends of dd1(although the one she gets along with great will be reposted in a few months as they are a defense family).

She has mostly hand me down stuff but I bought her one new school dress as she’s a bit smaller than dd1 was. I’ll get her a new pair of school shorts from Kmart too I think. She will need new shoes, they just wear runners but I usually get black. Dd1 last year broke hers and ended up wearing her other runners for months though so I’ll decide when we shop. Her backpack from last year is still good, maybe a new lunch bag but I just use assorted containers and have a good range. Both girls could use a new drink bottle though. School said they will give us a hat and they also sell a large pencil case/reader bag that I will get when school starts.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    There’s a lot more school starters than I thought! I’m glad I’m not alone! I’m going to be a total mess! My mum and stepdad have asked to join us for the first day of school (I was initially a little sad but now I’m ok with it, DS will love having them there)

Does anyone else’s child do a ‘best start interview’? DS is doing his the day before he starts. Not sure what to expect but we aren’t worried, DS is great at writing, numbers, colours, shapes. Writes his full name and is recognising some words so I think he will do ok. Hopefully he doesn’t get bored! That will be his down fall I think.. he gets bored really easily.

We picked up a new bag, lunch box, drink bottle and stuff today so we are definitely getting there. Have uniforms sorted but not washing anything yet in case he has a growth spurt lol. He’s so skinny shorts have been fun to get
    Yep my son will be doing his Best Start assessment and I have administered this before. Don’t stress about it it just gives the teacher a starting point as to what your child can and can’t do as they come to school. It’s really not a big deal at all and just gives us a chance to get to know your child a little better.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippa View Post
    Yep my son will be doing his Best Start assessment and I have administered this before. Don’t stress about it it just gives the teacher a starting point as to what your child can and can’t do as they come to school. It’s really not a big deal at all and just gives us a chance to get to know your child a little better.
    I probably sounded so stressed haha I’m not. I’m pretty happy about it, I think it’s a wonderful idea to give the teacher I good idea of each child.

We’ve bought everything I’m nervous haha DS picked his bag and I didn’t think much of it but his reading folder has to go in a specific way so it fits properly is it too much to ask of a kindy kid to spend that extra 20 seconds doing it right or should I re think his bag/folder? Experiences from previous children?

Thanks
    Reviews
    DD starts school in 2 weeks. We got most of her uniform yesterday, and her school shoes today. She’s our only, and being born in early June, she’ll be one of the older ones in the class.

IMG_1103.jpg

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Catzilla For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats (23-01-2020),babyno1onboard (14-01-2020),Hasselhoff (23-01-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Kindy starters 2020

I am so slack.. I haven’t even washed all of ds uniforms yet I think I’m in denial slightly lol. If I don’t do it he isn’t going yet. Lol. I need to label everything too

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am so slack.. I haven’t even washed all of ds uniforms yet I think I’m in denial slightly lol. If I don’t do it he isn’t going yet. Lol. I need to label everything too
    I’m in the same boat. Needing to wash and label DD’s uniform only just crossed my mind yesterday.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It’s coming up so quickly and I keep putting it off haha I suppose I should probably start lol

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hasselhoff For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats (23-01-2020),Catzilla (23-01-2020)