+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default How to entertain/stimulate a 14 month old?

Hi guys,

I'm trying to think of ways to entertain my nearly 14 month old around the house - she loves the outdoors so we're good on that front but I struggle with age appropriate at-home activities.

She's not really into her toys (blocks, dolls, electronics, cubby tent etc) so she spends all day walking from place to place, picking up random objects etc. so I'm wanting to broaden her horizons a bit (the kid loves to be active) but I haven't found anything to keep her attention so far (aside from my phone...)

Any toy recommendations that you've found have interested your bub at that age?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi, i follow a blog called "how we montessori" its got great ideas and if you google or check pinterest for montessori activities for 14 month olds you'll find some great stuff. My dd lijed stacking toys and posting activities and musical instruments at that stage but the idea with montessori if to observe what your child likes to do and create opportunities and activities based on your individual child and the stage they are at. Maybe making her a discovery bag filled with random objects for her to pull out and changing the objects once she's bored with them. Also a big fan of reading books together, preparing our snacks together and baking, montessori has ideas on how to do that with 14 month olds too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Here's the link for your dds age:
    https://www.howwemontessori.com/how-...i/otis-1-year/

4. The Following User Says Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

Elevatormusic (31-12-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Put a bit of water in a shell pool and give her some of those small hard dinosaurs, frogs, farm animals etc to put in and out of water with a few cups to tip water back and forth. We put a bit of food colouring in too. Obviously this is with supervision and the hard animals are small but not small enough to swallow so it’s age appropriate play!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Happymummy5 For This Useful Post:

Elevatormusic (31-12-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a 14 month old right now. Her fav things to do beside being outside are giving her tupperweare containers and she just loves them.
    She likes to put things inside and open and close the lids etc.

Anything that stimulates the brain - she gets bored with toys easily but will happily play with clothes or containers for hours.
    She likes to just take things in and out of places, so sometimes I let her open a drawer and she likes to take things out and put them back in.
    Just make sure everything in the drawer is safe first.