+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ********** View Post
    I had babies with eczema, (luckily grew out of it), so only bathed once every few days.
    Hi @********** Yes, my DD had excema too. What age did your babies grow out of it? Is there a general age when this happens or is it different for each child?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Every day for each of my 3 babies as part of the bedtime routine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gorgeousgeorge View Post
    Hi @********** Yes, my DD had excema too. What age did your babies grow out of it? Is there a general age when this happens or is it different for each child?
    Im not sure. Mine grew out of it by 5. The first couple of years were the worst, even had to wear mittens at night.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mummamania For This Useful Post:

gorgeousgeorge (29-12-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Bathing a newborn, how often do you bath baby?

When he was a newborn every few days, then became every second day (he’s two now) but if he eats something messy for dinner he has a bath after.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I’m so grateful for this thread. People look at me crazy when I say I don’t bathe my bub every night.

DD1 we did every night until her skin flared up then every 2nd to 3rd night and it settled down. Even though we were always just water no soap.

DD2 has been every 2nd to 3rd night since born- no real skin issues besides a bit of a rash related to her allergies but all clear once they were sorted.

DD2 is now 2.5 and we still don’t bath/shower nightly. Really depends what we’ve been doing during the day and how our night is going. Obviously is she’s dirty she’s showered or bathed but we use wet face washers throughout the day and she’s toilet trained- will still use baby wipes to freshen up if needed though. I’d say she probably has 5 showers or baths per week on average. Sometimes if I know we’re going to be busy that night we will shower in the morning if we skipped the night before.

I love the fact that my girls don’t need to bath as part of their bedtime routine makes going out heaps easier as we then don’t have to rush home to do bath ect.

Thanks
    Reviews
    [QUOTE=Mashie;8934519]I’m so grateful for this thread. People look at me crazy when I say I don’t bathe my bub every night.

DD1 we did every night until her skin flared up then every 2nd to 3rd night and it settled down. Even though we were always just water no soap.

DD2 has been every 2nd to 3rd night since born- no real skin issues besides a bit of a rash related to her allergies but all clear once they were sorted.

DD2 is now 2.5 and we still don’t bath/shower nightly. Really depends what we’ve been doing during the day and how our night is going. Obviously is she’s dirty she’s showered or bathed but we use wet face washers throughout the day and she’s toilet trained- will still use baby wipes to freshen up if needed though. I’d say she probably has 5 showers or baths per week on average. Sometimes if I know we’re going to be busy that night we will shower in the morning if we skipped the night before.

I love the fact that my girls don’t need to bath as part of their bedtime routine makes going out heaps easier as we then don’t have to rush home to do bath ect.[/QUOTE @Mashie you do you, i reckon. Stuff everyone else lol. We only bath DD every night because she loves it so much, haha and by "we" i mean her Dad. Gets them both outta my hair for an hour so i can prep tea. If she didnt enjoy it, we wouldnt do it. And yes, i like the idea of it actually not being part of the routine for flexibilty. My DD gets a bit confused now if she doesnt have a bath, we find it difficult to get her into bed because she's so used to bed, pjs then straight from bathroom to bedroom.

Thanks
    Reviews
    [QUOTE=gorgeousgeorge;8934524]
    Quote Originally Posted by Mashie View Post
    I’m so grateful for this thread. People look at me crazy when I say I don’t bathe my bub every night.

DD2 is now 2.5 and we still don’t bath/shower nightly. Really depends what we’ve been doing during the day and how QUOTE @Mashie you do you, i reckon. Stuff everyone else lol. We only bath DD every night because she loves it so much, haha and by "we" i mean her Dad. Gets them both outta my hair for an hour so i can prep tea. If she didnt enjoy it, we wouldnt do it. And yes, i like the idea of it actually not being part of the routine for flexibilty. My DD gets a bit confused now if she doesnt have a bath, we find it difficult to get her into bed because she's so used to bed, pjs then straight from bathroom to bedroom.

Oh don’t get me wrong could not care less what other people think. It’s what works for us. But I did think we were definitely in the minority not bathing nightly

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mashie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    We washed bub every 2 - 3 days until she was about 2 weeks old and then every night. It's part of our night time routine now. She's 12 weeks and will fall asleep in the bath xResized_20191121_200540.jpg

11. The Following User Says Thank You to PoohBear2910 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by PoohBear2910 View Post
    We washed bub every 2 - 3 days until she was about 2 weeks old and then every night. It's part of our night time routine now. She's 12 weeks and will fall asleep in the bath xAttachment 102887
    Oh how gorgeous. Lol if bathing would calm ds down id bath him 10 times a day. It seems to just make him more excited