+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Soon to be Mums:)

Dear Mothers,
    My name is Shalinda and I’m a health professional in Melbourne. I am undertaking a Psychotherapy course through the Victorian Association of Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy (VAPP).
    One of the course requirements is to observe a newborn infant, with their mother, for 1 hour per week over a period of 12 months. The aim of this task is to help me develop an understanding of the normal development of infants. My role is to simply observe the infant’s behaviour; however, I am allowed to chat with the mother and infant too!
    I would truly appreciate anyone who is willing to volunteer their time. If you are able to help or would like more information, please contact me via shalinda001@hotmail.com I have an official VAPP letter outlining the observation process, which I am happy to forward you.
    Thank you so much J
    Shalinda

2. The Following User Says Thank You to shalinda For This Useful Post:

MuMtORiLeYandLeO (18-12-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shalinda View Post
    Dear Mothers,
    My name is Shalinda and I’m a health professional in Melbourne. I am undertaking a Psychotherapy course through the Victorian Association of Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy (VAPP).
    One of the course requirements is to observe a newborn infant, with their mother, for 1 hour per week over a period of 12 months. The aim of this task is to help me develop an understanding of the normal development of infants. My role is to simply observe the infant’s behaviour; however, I am allowed to chat with the mother and infant too!
    I would truly appreciate anyone who is willing to volunteer their time. If you are able to help or would like more information, please contact me via shalinda001@hotmail.com I have an official VAPP letter outlining the observation process, which I am happy to forward you.
    Thank you so much J
    Shalinda
    Can you babysit too, you’d really get an insight then lol

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MuMtORiLeYandLeO For This Useful Post:

Mashie (18-12-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    depends what you mean by babysit, but I'm not meant to be a passive observer, it's meant to be interactive. hope that helps.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shalinda View Post
    depends what you mean by babysit, but I'm not meant to be a passive observer, it's meant to be interactive. hope that helps.
    That’s ok, I was just joking, babysit as in you look after the baby for the hour and you really get to see the development then. But I’m joking! Good luck with it. One hour a week for a year seems like a long time, I’ll get back to you if it’s something that I can do for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know things can be tiring, and random scheduling things come up as a new Mum, so I just want to be clear that I will work around the family, and be as flexible as possible.

I see where you are coming from, and the initial request can seem daunting so I thought I’d share a bit about myself. I trained in medicine and have worked as a doctor for many years. I have worked in mental health for about 6 years, and have become increasingly interested in psychological treatments for people with mental health issues. Therefore I have decided to pursue further training in it, and hence the psychoanalytic psychotherapy course.

A key component of this course is Infant observation. The purpose of this is to gain a more in-depth understanding of a baby’s typical development during the first year of life, as this is when key stages of emotional, mental and physical growth occur.

Once I finish this training my objective is to continue to work with psychological treatments for individuals and families who experience mental health issues.

Do let me know if you are able to help, I would be so grateful and appreciative. I would be happy to meet or chat over the phone to discuss any questions you may have. My email address is shalinda001@hotmail.com.

Thank you.