+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Gay male for co-parenting

Hi all,

I am starting this thread as I believe co-parenting is undervalued in Aus. I am extremely interested in having children in the very near future, and whilst there are a few (yet limited) options available for gay males, co-parenting is definitely something I see as the most beneficial.

I would be interested to know if there are any women out there, whether they are single heterosexual women who are just ready for children, or whether they are a single lesbian or lesbian couple who would be interested in a co-parenting scenario.

The benefits I would like to highlight;
    - financially viable (less upfront IVF Costs) for women. This is of course dependent on the conception method.
    - the child/children will be surrounded with a support network of 2 or more parents
    - the child will be brought up with a mother and father figure (this isn’t extremely important in this day and age but for consideration)
    - many benefits in raising the child both in terms of financially and also the support of additional adult carers etc.

I know a number of women would also see negatives in this such as having to share the child with another person etc, but I think that in this day and age, with some common sense and discussion this could be handled well by multiple parties. The final thing I’d like to point out is that there are so many separated families, with step parents and kids with two families these days that I don’t think it should be feared or considered a huge issue anymore, but rather embraced.

About me;
    I’m 25, educated, work full time in a professional career. Fit, athletic, Caucasian, 6ft.

I am interested in finding someone between 20-30, with similar values to me.

Keen to hear people’s opinions and see if there is any interest

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaehr93 View Post
    Hi all,

I am starting this thread as I believe co-parenting is undervalued in Aus. I am extremely interested in having children in the very near future, and whilst there are a few (yet limited) options available for gay males, co-parenting is definitely something I see as the most beneficial.

I would be interested to know if there are any women out there, whether they are single heterosexual women who are just ready for children, or whether they are a single lesbian or lesbian couple who would be interested in a co-parenting scenario.

- financially viable (less upfront IVF Costs) for women. This is of course dependent on the conception method.
    - the child/children will be surrounded with a support network of 2 or more parents
    - the child will be brought up with a mother and father figure (this isn’t extremely important in this day and age but for consideration)
    - many benefits in raising the child both in terms of financially and also the support of additional adult carers etc.

I know a number of women would also see negatives in this such as having to share the child with another person etc, but I think that in this day and age, with some common sense and discussion this could be handled well by multiple parties. The final thing I’d like to point out is that there are so many separated families, with step parents and kids with two families these days that I don’t think it should be feared or considered a huge issue anymore, but rather embraced.

About me;
    I’m 25, educated, work full time in a professional career. Fit, athletic, Caucasian, 6ft.

Thanks
    I think it’s a fantastic idea!! I came to say good luck and I wish you the best. I have a friend who did a similar thing. If I was single and younger 🤣 I’d consider.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Crunchyapple View Post
    I think it’s a fantastic idea!! I came to say good luck and I wish you the best. I have a friend who did a similar thing. If I was single and younger 🤣 I’d consider.
    Thanks for the support! Glad to hear there are examples of this out there!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaehr93 View Post
    Hi all,

About me;

Thanks

Years ago this was my plan. However come the time when I decided to do IVF I have become so much more independent that I did not wish to co-parent.

However, with the IVF options being so much more available as a couple especially with the Public Health system rathet than private with a donor I would consider it turning back the clock again.