+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF clinics - Help me choose! (Melbourne clinics, or maybe Westmead)

Hello... I need help making a decision!

Quick history:
    - trying for 3 years, I have severe endometriosis & adenomyosis. Surgery in 2014 and 2018
    - IVF Jan 2019 (in canada), pregnant but miscarried (trisomy). 2 frozen transfers after failed.
    - currently on lupron (3mth), consulted with 3 fertility docs and all agree that surgery is not a good idea right now (hence lupron).
    - no private health, but I have medicare (husband does not as he is a temp resident).

I am looking at either Dr Nick Lolatgis or Dr Lynn Burmeister. From what I have read, a lot of people who haven't had luck, go to Dr Nick and have success. Others say Dr Lynn is the one to see. I have read that Dr Nick does a lot more testing than Dr Lynn, and a cycle at Monash is at least $3000 more expensive than Number 1. I wanted to meet with both and decide but both of their initial fees are $400 and I can't justify spending $800 to decide on a doctor.

Q's
    - What are some of the typical "additional" medications they typically put you on (e.g. prednisone, clexane)?
    - What tests / things do they investigate (that other FS don't)?

I wonder how they compare to Dr Rabia Shaikh at Westmead in Sydney, as I met with her and she had a pretty aggressive protocol for my last FET (though my FS in Canada rejected Dr Rabia's suggestions). Note: I am now living in Melb that's why I am asking about the other two FS, but willing to travel to Sydney if Dr Rabia is comparable...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Who did you end up going with?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello, I am also interested in Melbourne doctors please. Unfortunately I am potentially starting on my IVF journey at 42 and five failed pregnancies, three of them missed miscarriages, two of them chemical pregnancies, all of them happened in the course of the last two years so I'm getting pregnant easily but probably don't create good looking embryos.

I am leaning towards Raelia Lew in the city. She is her own consultancy like Lynn Burmeister but works with the Melbourne IVF laboratory. Anyone has any opinions on her services?

Just in case it's relevant I did have had a work colleague who went with Lynn Burmeister and now got a boy after a number of rounds at the age of 40. But that was while Lynn was still working for Monash IVF. I have also heard some negative things about Lynn Burmeister so don't see why I should pick her as first choice.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by martha View Post
    Hello, I am also interested in Melbourne doctors please. Unfortunately I am potentially starting on my IVF journey at 42 and five failed pregnancies, three of them missed miscarriages, two of them chemical pregnancies, all of them happened in the course of the last two years so I'm getting pregnant easily but probably don't create good looking embryos.

I am leaning towards Raelia Lew in the city. She is her own consultancy like Lynn Burmeister but works with the Melbourne IVF laboratory. Anyone has any opinions on her services?

Just in case it's relevant I did have had a work colleague who went with Lynn Burmeister and now got a boy after a number of rounds at the age of 40. But that was while Lynn was still working for Monash IVF. I have also heard some negative things about Lynn Burmeister so don't see why I should pick her as first choice.
    Hi @martha . Did you end up seeing Raelia Lew?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there @PossumVic, not yet, still waiting on the result of my partner's carrier gene test so that we know what we're starting out with. However, I did see her once a year ago when I thought I might need IUI which turned out wasn't the case anymore a bit later as I got pregnant again, and again, and again naturally. (All of them ended up as miscarriages.

Raelia is on holiday until mid July so will have to wait anyway. Luckily we don't need to do the stupid police and child protection tests anymore, Victoria has changed its law for IVF. Thank goodness for that.