+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Westmead fertility clinic review

Hey guys,
    I am 34 and have been trying for more than 2 years now, finally started with ivf this month. Was on gonal 112.5 and got 8 eggs. Just found out yesterday that 5 of them fertilized. And they have asked me to do 5 day transfer. I have been googling a lot. Which i shouldn't but what can you do of the anxiety. Anyways i had been reading about people getting 17-18 eggs. Dr told me mine was a good number but i had my doubts anyhow. Still waiting for the fresh transfer due monday. Has anyone else gone through wfc? Any views on facility and process?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    In general they aim for around 10-12 eggs in an IVF round. More than that an you risk getting OHSS which is a serious medical issue. So 8 is not too bad really. Often the 1st round is trial and error as they dont know how your body will respond i.e. understimulate or over stimulate. I havent been to wfc myself so cant comment in that aspect. Generally getting 2 day 5 blasts is a good outcome for any cycle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Westmead fertility clinic review

8 eggs is pretty good. First round is very trial and error. They can’t give much gonal on the first go due to OHSS risk. More eggs often doesn’t bring better quality so there’s a good chance you will do well with your 8. I went through WFC and found them great. Pregnant with my daughter on 2nd round. Transfer is easier than egg pick up. Just like a quick pap. Good luck, the dr’s there are great

4. The Following User Says Thank You to bel2466 For This Useful Post:

Arya20 (29-12-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Arya20 View Post
    Hey guys,
    I am 34 and have been trying for more than 2 years now, finally started with ivf this month. Was on gonal 112.5 and got 8 eggs. Just found out yesterday that 5 of them fertilized. And they have asked me to do 5 day transfer. I have been googling a lot. Which i shouldn't but what can you do of the anxiety. Anyways i had been reading about people getting 17-18 eggs. Dr told me mine was a good number but i had my doubts anyhow. Still waiting for the fresh transfer due monday. Has anyone else gone through wfc? Any views on facility and process?
    I agree with what everyone else has mentioned, I was one of those people who had 18 eggs at egg retrieval and ended up getting ohss which we believe then affected my body when it came to the fresh transfer embryo sticking. This wasn’t through wfc but we did he very good reviews about them and are now in the process of switching over.

I would say 8 eggs is the perfect amount to have! Let’s hope they’re all strong little ones!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ra1209 For This Useful Post:

Arya20 (29-12-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ra1209 View Post
    I agree with what everyone else has mentioned, I was one of those people who had 18 eggs at egg retrieval and ended up getting ohss which we believe then affected my body when it came to the fresh transfer embryo sticking. This wasn’t through wfc but we did he very good reviews about them and are now in the process of switching over.

I would say 8 eggs is the perfect amount to have! Let’s hope they’re all strong little ones!
    Thankyou so much Ra. The last 3 years had been so long. Just waiting for my BFP. AND I Wish everyone gets them too. All the best to you as well. My experience so far has been really good with wfc. They are very organised. But all my planning is being done by my FS. Fingers crossed for this cycle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thankyou so much Ra. The last 3 years had been so long. Just waiting for my BFP. AND I Wish everyone gets them too. All the best to you as well. My experience so far has been really good with wfc. They are very organised. But all my planning is being done by my FS. Fingers crossed for this cycle.
    I really hope this is the one for you!

If you don’t mind me asking, do you remember how much it roughly cost you for the medication? I tried to DM you instead but it didn’t seem to work for some reason.
    I just had my consultation with wfc and hopefully we can start Jan/February

Thanks
    Reviews
    I really hope this is the one for you!

If you don’t mind me asking, do you remember how much it roughly cost you for the medication? I tried to DM you instead but it didn’t seem to work for some reason.
    I just had my consultation with wfc and hopefully we can start Jan/February
    Yea no worries. We paid around $200 for all the meds. We were expecting much more than that. All the best!!! The staff is very nice at wfc

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yea no worries. We paid around $200 for all the meds. We were expecting much more than that. All the best!!! The staff is very nice at wfc
    Thank you so much! Hope thinks go well in your cycle!!

Do all the egg retrieval’s and transfers happen at Westmead hospital?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you so much! Hope thinks go well in your cycle!!

Do all the egg retrieval’s and transfers happen at Westmead hospital?
    Yes transfer and ultrasounds happen at wfc and egg retrieval happens at westmead hospital.