+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default FS that works with egg quality issues to get your BFP

You've probably seen me and my posts before! I have had 3 failed IVF cycles. My 1st and 3rd cycle resulted in nothing and 2nd cycle resulted in a low grade day 6 Blast.

I want to know if there are similar people out there that have been in my situation and found a Dr that ended up getting you you BFP! I am in Adelaide, but were are getting to the point of travelling interstate if it means we get better results!

So far in my 3 ICSI cycles we have collected 42 eggs, 29 mature, 22 fertilised, 4 make it to day 3 and only 1 day 6 blast!

Would love to hear peoples success stories and what was different?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bump

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have egg issues too, My first cycle got 2 day 3's (BFN & E/MC) out of 4 eggs from 19 folicals, Second cycle 2 day 6's (abnormal & mosaic, nothing to transfer) out of 10 eggs from 18 folicals.
    I'm currently on a 3 month course of 25@3xper day DHEA and will be taking melatonin from CD1 to EPU. Won't be cycling until late Feb so can't tell you if it's been successful yet but my first cycle on DHEA resulted in a chemical the old fashioned way (first time I've gotten pregnant without a Dr in the room in 7 years) so it's clearly done something already!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BabyO View Post
    I have egg issues too, My first cycle got 2 day 3's (BFN & E/MC) out of 4 eggs from 19 folicals, Second cycle 2 day 6's (abnormal & mosaic, nothing to transfer) out of 10 eggs from 18 folicals.
    I'm currently on a 3 month course of 25@3xper day DHEA and will be taking melatonin from CD1 to EPU. Won't be cycling until late Feb so can't tell you if it's been successful yet but my first cycle on DHEA resulted in a chemical the old fashioned way (first time I've gotten pregnant without a Dr in the room in 7 years) so it's clearly done something already!
    I hope DHEA works for you! I don't know if I will be able to go on it due to other reasons. But I will be asking my fs about it in 2 weeks. As my previous fs told me due to my age and amh, it would have more of a negative affect on me than positive!

I ended up requesting a copy of all our records today! So hopefully can look over them before we see our fs on the 17th! I am so drained mentally and emotionally!

I am losing hope now, after 3 failed cycles with nothing, what is going to change moving forward?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by emilyc View Post
    I hope DHEA works for you! I don't know if I will be able to go on it due to other reasons. But I will be asking my fs about it in 2 weeks. As my previous fs told me due to my age and amh, it would have more of a negative affect on me than positive!

I ended up requesting a copy of all our records today! So hopefully can look over them before we see our fs on the 17th! I am so drained mentally and emotionally!

I am losing hope now, after 3 failed cycles with nothing, what is going to change moving forward?!
    It's so hard! My FS looked as crushed as I felt after my last failed cycle, he's been really proactive which has given me a lot of hope for the new protocol. We are also adding LH to the FSH when I stim next. I'm 39 and amh is not great but not disastrous either

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by emilyc View Post

I think DHEA usually helps get more eggs but the trade off can sometimes be reduced egg quality (might be wrong! But sounds like that could be why your FS said it may not help in your case as you are getting ok number of eggs). My problem was low AMH and low number of follicles. DHEA did get me more follicles but i think it did reduce quality for me.

A few things to consider...

- Each of us respond differently to different meds and protocols. What have you done to date? I’d be looking to switch it up.
    - Switch Protocol - Eg if you have done Antagonist try doing a long down cycle or vice versa
    - Switch meds - Eg if you’ve used Gonal F maybe try Menopur or vice versa
    - Any add ons such as LH supplementation?

Worth talking to your FS about these and any other options. Or getting a 2nd opinion.

Best of luck

R

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Also you could look at some of the supplements for egg quality.

4-5mg melatonin (script required)
    600mg CoQ10 ubiquinol
    40mg zinc
    1000iu Vitamin E
    1000-2000iu Vitamin D3
    1 x berocca
    1000iu fish oil
    Folate or prenatal

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Risa78 View Post
    I think DHEA usually helps get more eggs but the trade off can sometimes be reduced egg quality (might be wrong! But sounds like that could be why your FS said it may not help in your case as you are getting ok number of eggs). My problem was low AMH and low number of follicles. DHEA did get me more follicles but i think it did reduce quality for me.

A few things to consider...

- Each of us respond differently to different meds and protocols. What have you done to date? I’d be looking to switch it up.
    - Switch Protocol - Eg if you have done Antagonist try doing a long down cycle or vice versa
    - Switch meds - Eg if you’ve used Gonal F maybe try Menopur or vice versa
    - Any add ons such as LH supplementation?

Worth talking to your FS about these and any other options. Or getting a 2nd opinion.

Best of luck

R
    I think DHEA is one of those things that if it's right for your specific circumstance it's been shown to improve egg quality, if it's not right for your circumstances it can damage egg quality so your FS really needs to be sure you're a good candidate.

Definitely good protocol suggestions here to talk through with the FS

Thanks
    Reviews
    There is something seriously wrong with your protocol. I sent you a private message x

Thanks
    Reviews
    There is no such thing as empty follicles. There was something with this protocol. It’s so important and I had to learn the hard way with 3 disastrous IVF cycles. Unless there is generic problems with the egg, or a woman is advanced maternal age, the protocol is what determines the egg quality. By reading you had “empty” follicles this points directly to the protocol. Unless the follicles were too small to get eggs from.