+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ********** View Post
    I'm finding when they are all teenagers at the same time it's more stressful that having 3 under 3 at the same time.
    This!. Four teens was not fun. Three teens and one in early 20s is almost as much fun.

At least with closer age gaps they will grow up with similar interests and if you want to say go to the movies, they will all (hopefully) want to see the same thing. I had 6 years between my oldest and youngest and found juggling different interests difficult at times.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to SSecret Squirrel For This Useful Post:

Mummamania (11-12-2019)

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Try not to worry too much about the future. Everything will work out eventually. I had three under two and I managed, Just enjoy this pregnancy and enjoy your little baby. Best attitude for your sanity is "One day at a time" . good luck, marie.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SuperGranny For This Useful Post:

Mashie (11-12-2019),MuMtORiLeYandLeO (11-12-2019),Stephie91 (11-12-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @MissTwiggley thanks
    @Mum-I-Am I'm glad to hear its doable as all I get is "it's so hard" "you will struggle" when I've told people. It's like thanks for that, can you tell me you will get through this or something along those lines! I definitely will probably PM you at some point as I'll be needing all the advice I can get. I don't have anyone I can talk to in a similar situation.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Stephie91 For This Useful Post:

Mum-I-Am (11-12-2019)

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephie91 View Post
    @MissTwiggley thanks
    @Mum-I-Am I'm glad to hear its doable as all I get is "it's so hard" "you will struggle" when I've told people. It's like thanks for that, can you tell me you will get through this or something along those lines! I definitely will probably PM you at some point as I'll be needing all the advice I can get. I don't have anyone I can talk to in a similar situation.
    I will also offer a kind ear if you find yourself overwhelmed. I had a son 21 months and then I had twin daughters, with NO knowledge that i was carrying twins. At least avoided all the doom and gloom beforehand. good luck, marie.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to SuperGranny For This Useful Post:

Stephie91 (11-12-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MissTwiggley View Post
    Just a couple more notes to add - Are you taking folate? If not, go get some today. I thought to ask as you weren't planning on being pregnant and so may not have been taking any.

Look into what you are going to do for sleep for your current babies. My toddler is a poor sleeper. He wakes up multiple times a night and screams at the top of his lungs. He usually calms down with a bottle but sometimes he thrashes around, won't accept the bottle and continues screaming. Couple that with a baby who also won't sleep and you've got one very tired mum and dad.
    Getting good sleep routines going so that you can cope with all 3, will be far more crucial and productive than worrying about the relationship dynamics. If you're tired and cranky, the rest of the household will suffer. You need to ensure your own rest and downtime so that everything can function optimally.
    That’s very good advice thank you. I was meant to get elevit today but didn’t get around to it.

Baby sleeps with me in one room, excellent sleeper, sleeps through but wakes at 5.
    The toddler sleeps in another room with his dad, he is pretty good now and also wakes 5-6 but is known to kick the walls at times. No idea what we’ll do once baby is here though, I guess the other two will be three and one by then so maybe they can share a room by then and baby with me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephie91 View Post
    I'm in this boat. My daughter is 18months and I'm pregnant with twins so I'll have 3 under 2 when the twins are born. I'm still trying to get over the fact I only ever wanted two children as I always felt with a 3rd, one will always be left out.
    Omg wow, congrats but yes very same feelings and thoughts as me!