+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Never had BFP

I am reaching out to see if anyone has had multiple failed IVF cycles, which has never produced a blastocyst, To then go on to have success with their eggs?

I have now had 3 failed ICSI cycles, only ever produced 1x day 6 blast (2nd Cycle). My FS said in passing that it looks to be an egg quality issue, and we cannot fix egg quality. Is there anyone else out there, that has been in my shoes? I don't have an appt with my FS until the 17th of Jan now, so have to wait until then. And I have a feeling he is going to give up on me.

What did you do differently to get your BFP, with you own eggs?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by emilyc View Post
    I am reaching out to see if anyone has had multiple failed IVF cycles, which has never produced a blastocyst, To then go on to have success with their eggs?

I have now had 3 failed ICSI cycles, only ever produced 1x day 6 blast (2nd Cycle). My FS said in passing that it looks to be an egg quality issue, and we cannot fix egg quality. Is there anyone else out there, that has been in my shoes? I don't have an appt with my FS until the 17th of Jan now, so have to wait until then. And I have a feeling he is going to give up on me.

Hi @emilyc!

Sorry to read what you are going through

Are you taking any medications ?

My situation was slightly different as I did manage to get blasts. Except cycles were I was on immune meds where none of our embryos progressed pass day 1...

Had a break for 3 months: i.e stopped all meds, went on supplements for egg quality, healthy eating etc ...

Next cycle, I was able to produce blasts again and my first bfp in 5 stims.

Hopefully you find the missing piece to your ttc journey.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Elda15 For This Useful Post:

emilyc (10-12-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi @emilyc,

I'm sorry to hear about your experiences so far with IVF, it must have been extremely disappointing for you I have low AMH and it is suspected I have egg quality issues too.

I agree with @Elda15, healthy eating and supps can have a big impact on egg quality. Are you working with a Naturopath or Chinese herbalist/acupuncturist? There are definitely things you can do naturally to improve egg quality, and there are different medications they can try to boost quality also. If you FS doesn't think egg quality can be addressed, it may be time to find a new one. I'm a Naturopath, so from my point of view we would make sure all your nutrient levels are optimal for example, iron, B12, vitamin D, Co Q10, essential fatty acids - they are all essential for making healthy eggs. Have you had your thyroid levels checked? Low thyroid levels can also cause egg quality issues (I have hashimotos). The trouble is many classically trained FS do not know the first things about nutrition and it's effect on fertility and egg quality, so you really need an alternative practitioner to work alongside your IVF treatment.

Then from the IVF point of view, there are different types of IVF cycles they can do to focus on egg quality rather than quantity, often with lower dose FSH and adding some LH, or testosterone etc depending on what your issue is. I have taken LH with FSH this cycle and produced more, higher quality eggs (as well as having consistently taking Ubiquinol the active form of CoQ10 and a host of other supps for over 3 months now).

I hope you can find some better help and support on your journey! Sending you lots of baby dust xx

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Sabinaut For This Useful Post:

emilyc (10-12-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi emily,

I was in your situation recently. Five cycles and only poor quality embryos if any blast. We changed clinic and protocol and now got 6 blasts in freezer. I took melatonin for 3 months and usual vit d,e etc. This cycle we did dual trigger, pregnyl and decapeptyl and used pergoveris for stimulation. Stimmed for 10 days than my previous 8 days cycles. I really think lab quality makes a difference as well. I was with Primary ivf and now moved to rpa, they use genea’s lab. Please feel free to ask anything if you need. I understand how hard it is. I will have fet in January so will see How I go.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Believe in miracles For This Useful Post:

amiracle4me (10-12-2019),emilyc (10-12-2019),Hopeful982 (10-12-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    What supplements did you go on. I am about to order FH Pro! Hoping this has everything I need in it! I just don't know if I can actually produce a healthy blast, which is my biggest fear at this stage. So I need to know what I can do to improve my chances! I am so heartbroken!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you for your informative reply! I really appreciate it, as I cling on to the small glimmer of hope!

I am devastated, and really don't know how else to feel. We got a call from the lab, but it looks like it could be a sperm and egg issue! But I will continue to do what I can with trying to improve my egg quality!

I am definitely open to seeing a naturopath in the new year and see what can come from it as well as getting acupuncture done! I am getting FH Pro supplements tonight, I am not sure if you have heard about them, but I would have to be on the for a minimum of 3 months! So Hopefully with a mixture of all this, and seeing what my FS has to say. We will definitely be open to seeing a 3rd fs! I am just over feeling like this isn't meant to be! My partner had a child with his ex, pre-cancer. So we thought his sperm would be fine, and thought I would be fine! But this has all been proven to be far difficult than expected!

I found out in October that I had a severely underactive thyroid! my levels were at 33 and I have thyroid antibodies! So I started taking thyroxine on the 19th of October! I ordered it starts with the egg this morning. So will start reading that when I get it in the post! This has been the most challenging hurdle/life changing thing I have ever experienced! I am planning on taking at least 4 months off. But I have a feeling I make take more time off, just so I can start getting back in to my fitness etc as well!

Have you had any success with your journey? xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Believe in miracles View Post
    Hi emily,

I was in your situation recently. Five cycles and only poor quality embryos if any blast. We changed clinic and protocol and now got 6 blasts in freezer. I took melatonin for 3 months and usual vit d,e etc. This cycle we did dual trigger, pregnyl and decapeptyl and used pergoveris for stimulation. Stimmed for 10 days than my previous 8 days cycles. I really think lab quality makes a difference as well. I was with Primary ivf and now moved to rpa, they use genea’s lab. Please feel free to ask anything if you need. I understand how hard it is. I will have fet in January so will see How I go.
    Wow! Congratulations! That sounds really positive! I was also tempted to move to RPA but after my last Primary cycle I was so gutted I just needed to focus on myself. Your news gives me a bit of hope. Might look into RPA next year! Fingers crossed for you hun

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopeful982 View Post
    Wow! Congratulations! That sounds really positive! I was also tempted to move to RPA but after my last Primary cycle I was so gutted I just needed to focus on myself. Your news gives me a bit of hope. Might look into RPA next year! Fingers crossed for you hun
    Hi hun how are you doing? After 5 cycles with Primary I also took 4 momths break but in the meantime attended appointments with rpa so when I was ready I could start. Atleast now I know I can produce blasts and now I can focus on dr. M protocol. Message me if you need any information. Always here to help

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Believe in miracles View Post
    Hi emily,

Yeah I guess I am starting to struggle to see hope! We can obviously create a blast as we did in our 2nd cycle. But that was one time.. And we had to freeze it and then probably damaged it when it was frozen, as the embryo looked completely different before the freeze.

How many failed cycles have you been through before actually getting blasts? And what was the initial reason you started ivf? I am in Adelaide, so I feel like we just don't really have the technology here.. Sorry so many questions! I am just trying to cling on to any chance we are going to have success!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah I guess I am starting to struggle to see hope! We can obviously create a blast as we did in our 2nd cycle. But that was one time.. And we had to freeze it and then probably damaged it when it was frozen, as the embryo looked completely different before the freeze.

How many failed cycles have you been through before actually getting blasts? And what was the initial reason you started ivf? I am in Adelaide, so I feel like we just don't really have the technology here.. Sorry so many questions! I am just trying to cling on to any chance we are going to have success!
    No need to apologise. Happy to help. I went through 4 cycles where I didn’t have any blast. My first cycle I produced two blasts , one ended up chemical pregnancy( fet) and other bfn( fresh). I think for fresh my body wasn’t ready. I was overstimulated. Discuss different protocol with your fs. Don’t hesitate to change fs. I stuck with one fs for 5 cycles. 🤦‍♀️ Still I need to work on implantation with my fs

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Believe in miracles For This Useful Post:

emilyc (11-12-2019)