+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    It is the one thing I dread about this time of year.

Everybody is psychologically gearing up for the ‘end of the year’ so tempers are frayed and fuses are short. Everyone is over it and tired.

It doesn’t help that here in Qld, the heat gets to everyone, plus the shopping centre car parks become volatile as people seek spots!

I need to order seafood for Christmas, but I’m getting DH to pick it up as I can’t stand the rudeness and blatant pushing-in that goes on.

So yep, totally agree with you Mod-Degrassi, manners definitely seem to be left at home this time of year.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Uniquey For This Useful Post:

Mod-LIKE A BOSS (09-12-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Uniquey View Post
    It is the one thing I dread about this time of year.

Everybody is psychologically gearing up for the ‘end of the year’ so tempers are frayed and fuses are short. Everyone is over it and tired.

It doesn’t help that here in Qld, the heat gets to everyone, plus the shopping centre car parks become volatile as people seek spots!

I need to order seafood for Christmas, but I’m getting DH to pick it up as I can’t stand the rudeness and blatant pushing-in that goes on.

So yep, totally agree with you Mod-Degrassi, manners definitely seem to be left at home this time of year.
    Yep nothing like a Queensland heatwave at Xmas!
    Half the people are in the mall just to get out of the heat. So they clog up all the parks and shops for people trying to get down to business.
    Hopefully I won’t come across too many rude ones when venturing out. Think I’ll try to do the gift shopping this week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SheWarrior View Post
    Say what now haven’t even started thinking about it... don’t even know where we will be living- potentially we will even be moving in the next week or 2.... no idea what we are getting kids. Don’t even have any decorations or a tree (dh threw them out when he did a dump run ages ago without realising).
    are you guys big into xmas? i’d happily skip a year if circumstances made it too hard and too much effort. but i get it’s important to some and kids just love it. kmart has tabletop trees for $5. could be an activity to go and buy one and some cheap decos or get kids to make decos and dress it up? doesn’t have to be big or fancy.

how’s the house hunting going? when do you need to vacate the current place? can’t imagine how stressful all this must be at such a busy time of year, school year ending for the kids, baking hot etc. i hope you catch a break soon x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicmama View Post
    I've finished shopping for presents
    ohhhh so you’re one of THOSE people

dh has dealt with the presents side of things. i ordered some books for my sisters kids online and got them delivered directly to her and dh has coordinated ds’ gifts plus what mil is to buy (or not buy really 🤣).

i just need to find a cute daycare backpack for dd for next year and that’s it.

it’s not really the xmas shopping as such that freaks me out, more that another year has passed, another one is upon us. it’s more the passing of time that becomes apparent whereas when you’re in the thick of it during the year, you tend to just go on autopilot and forget.

i really need to try and do some, i won’t call them resolutions, but affirmations, for 2020. things that i’d like to focus on and be better at.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    @turquoisecoast only because I hate the mayhem at the shops in the weeks leading up to Christmas, so I get it out of the way early. This year I had to do the last of it the day after getting out of hospital

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep having worked in retail a long time Christmas and Easter were a nightmare. Being that busy ok I get but the abuse and rudeness of people this time of year was very hard to deal with

On another note I've utilised click and collect a lot this Christmas and it's worked out so much better