+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default TTC baby number 2. How long did it take for you?

Hey all,

It took me around 6 or 7 months with my first and she’s now 2.5
    I am currently ttc but no such luck. Feeling abit disheartened because during my fertile window I usually get intimate twice.. don’t want to make it a chore. I track my cycle with Flo and Ovia but both apps are different in regards to my fertile window.
    Any advice?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by krystalxxox View Post
    Hey all,

It took me around 6 or 7 months with my first and she’s now 2.5
    I am currently ttc but no such luck. Feeling abit disheartened because during my fertile window I usually get intimate twice.. don’t want to make it a chore. I track my cycle with Flo and Ovia but both apps are different in regards to my fertile window.
    Any advice?
    My first took 6 months, with a mc at 8 weeks.
    My second took 20 months. We had checks. Did everything right. No answers. It just happened eventually 🤷‍♀️
    My third took 3 months off birth control with irregular periods and breastfeeding. We weren't actively trying! We were waiting for my body to adjust to no more birth control and cycle to return to normal, but it clearly had other ideas!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default TTC baby number 2. How long did it take for you?

Have you tried a more traditional approach to tracking your cycles? I couldn’t do temps and I didn’t have apps when I was ttc so I used to check my cervical position and fluid.
    I was breastfeeding each time so it took a while to figure it out.

With my second it took a lot longer than I thought it would but I had long cycles and no idea when I was fertile.

It can take quite a few cycles to figure out when you’re fertile.
    Sometimes being moody can signal fertility. I would always get moody like pms around ovulation.

Young and fertile women only have a 25% chance of getting pregnant each cycle so when you add things like age and not knowing when you’re fertile you come to realise how miraculous it actually is!

ETA that it doesn’t matter how many times you are with your partner either. It really only takes once. I’ve become pregnant twice off just one time together but just at the right time which is up to 5 days before ovulation.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have you tried ovulation sticks? I’ve never used them but maybe you’re not ovulating when you think you are?

Baby No2 took us 4 months luckily, so pretty quick

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We fell pregnant first month trying for #2. We've falling pregnant with twins! So two eggs were fertilised. We did it once on O day and the day after. Took us 6 months (including 1 mc) with DD.
    Last edited by Stephie91; 08-12-2019 at 20:17. Reason: Typo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello
    So normally I track my ovulation by CM but I am not sure when I am actually ovulating because for 5 days I experience cramps and the EWCM lol for the first 2 to 3 days in my fertile window is when I actually feel the most frisky haha so that’s when we normally do the deed!