+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default How do you plan on hiding your early pregnancy over Christmas/New Years?

So... just found out I’m pregnant... WOOHOO! So excited!

However...

I am known for joining in on the alcoholic festivities and am after ways I can ‘fake’ drinking? We have booked a penthouse in the city for 3 nights over New Years with another family... Don’t know how I’m going to swing that... I’ll be 7 weeks which is too early for me to feel comfortable in telling anyone but I may have to.

Our immediate families will be told on Christmas Day so that’s no real issue...

Just New Years lol

Any ideas?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am the same and its already been a little difficult!
    1 thing is I'll go get my own drink from the bar and just get soda and lime, everyone thinks it has vodka in it.
    2 water down your wine- half wine half soda lots of ice and sip on it really slowly so the ice is nearly melted
    3 "oops my drink spilt"

Try these and good luck! Also Congratulations!!!!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to nelly SH For This Useful Post:

JanieH (07-12-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Swap drinks with hubby as his gets low/empty, most people won’t notice I reckon

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Kiki89 For This Useful Post:

JanieH (07-12-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haha they’re all good!

I’ve got some of those Heineken 0.0 beers and have scraped off the ‘0.0’ part

That’s mostly for the In-laws as they won’t notice the difference lol

My folks are a bit different, they’re more observant

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had a wedding when I was early pregnant and a quiet word with the waitress and she organised to bring me "champagne" which was apple juice / mineral water so it looked like I was drinking. At Christmas with DH's family who were always asking "when are you two going to have a baby", I took a bottle of non alcholic champagne and hid it in the bathroom cupboard and each time I got given a drink, I'd go to the toilet and on the way I'd tip out the champagne and refill my glass with non alcoholic champagne. Fooled them all!

Second pregnancy wasnt at Christmas, but we had a party to go to, so I bought a couple of bottles of cider from Aldi, tipped the cider out and replaced it with soft drink.

Ahhh the lengths we go to hey. Good luck.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to GirlsRock For This Useful Post:

JanieH (07-12-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlsRock View Post
    I had a wedding when I was early pregnant and a quiet word with the waitress and she organised to bring me "champagne" which was apple juice / mineral water so it looked like I was drinking. At Christmas with DH's family who were always asking "when are you two going to have a baby", I took a bottle of non alcholic champagne and hid it in the bathroom cupboard and each time I got given a drink, I'd go to the toilet and on the way I'd tip out the champagne and refill my glass with non alcoholic champagne. Fooled them all!

Second pregnancy wasnt at Christmas, but we had a party to go to, so I bought a couple of bottles of cider from Aldi, tipped the cider out and replaced it with soft drink.

Ahhh the lengths we go to hey. Good luck.
    Genius!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I’m thinking I’ll replace the gin in a bottle with water for New Years... the rest of the adults going don’t drink gin so fairly safe there!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Some great ideas here.
    The swapping with DH works well, when he gets to almost empty you do a sneaky switch so it looks like your glass is almost done.
    Also if sitting out on the lawn, you can spill some when no one sees so it looks like you drank it.
    I also got non alcoholic champagne at Christmas and DH made sure he topped up my glass if I couldn't so anytime someone asked me, I told them he had just done it

Thanks
    Reviews

Default How do you plan on hiding your early pregnancy over Christmas/New Years?

I had a few social events during early pregnancy so I pulled out ‘I’m driving I can only have one’ (one was a glass of champagne which I pretended to sip out of and swapped with a friend who was empty and knew about the pregnancy) or another time I ordered all my own drinks at the bar and made sure they were mocktails, and finally the old ‘oh I’ve been on antibiotics and I’m not allowed to drink, doctors orders’
    3 nights would be a bit tricky though especially this time of year!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to nettz84 For This Useful Post:

JanieH (09-12-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by nettz84 View Post
    I had a few social events during early pregnancy so I pulled out ‘I’m driving I can only have one’ (one was a glass of champagne which I pretended to sip out of and swapped with a friend who was empty and knew about the pregnancy) or another time I ordered all my own drinks at the bar and made sure they were mocktails, and finally the old ‘oh I’ve been on antibiotics and I’m not allowed to drink, doctors orders’
    3 nights would be a bit tricky though especially this time of year!
    Tell me about it! I think the ‘replace the gin with water in the bottle’ trick will work... we’re going to the big bash NYE as well...

I think hiding the no drinking thing is the hardest part