+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default I have an odd problem at work..

I work in an office and we have 6 people on long tables/desks. My colleague who sits opposite me (who I get on with) is driving me insane my constantly tapping his feet. It shakes my monitors. I've now put pads under them so it's not too bad, but just the constant tapping and stamping of his feet is driving me round the bend! It doesn't seem to bother anyone else. I'm a pretty tolerant, chilled person, but this is like Chinese water torture. I had a bit of a chat with him and I think he's trying, but whatever reason his legs need to move 24/7.... Not sure what to do, I feel like a **** talking to anyone about it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I don’t think it’s unreasonable to ask for that to stop. What is he 6 years old?
    If he has restless leg syndrome there must be meds for it?
    Can you request to move places? Maybe someone else won’t be bothered. I can tell you I sure would be.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdgirl View Post
    I don’t think it’s unreasonable to ask for that to stop. What is he 6 years old?
    If he has restless leg syndrome there must be meds for it?
    Can you request to move places? Maybe someone else won’t be bothered. I can tell you I sure would be.
    He's a smoker and I'm not sure if that contributes to it, but yeah it's restless leg syndrome. His legs shake and tap all day. I feel like a right princess haha

There is no way for him to stop though. For whatever reason he needs to move his legs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Fair enough but maybe he should have his own desk or be as far away from others as possible. I don’t think it’s precious behaviour if it’s interfering with your work.
    Obviously it’s not his fault but it’s still impacting you and I think accomodations should be made.
    I’m very sensory and that would make me insane.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Bluebirdgirl For This Useful Post:

DrewS (06-12-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Can either of you move to another desk? That might solve the problem.

There are big rubber bands (called Kick Band) or something that can stretch around chair or desk legs that you could look into, although not knowing the desk set up, this may not work.

Years ago I sat at a desk next to a woman who used to eat 2 apples a day. One in the morning and one in the afternoon. OMG, I nearly went crazy with rage just from the munching and crunching sound. In the end I had to get up and leave my desk for the 10 minutes she took to eat her apples. I never ever told her either as she was a nice woman, she just ate apples really loudly.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to GirlsRock For This Useful Post:

DrewS (06-12-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlsRock View Post
    Can either of you move to another desk? That might solve the problem.

There are big rubber bands (called Kick Band) or something that can stretch around chair or desk legs that you could look into, although not knowing the desk set up, this may not work.

Years ago I sat at a desk next to a woman who used to eat 2 apples a day. One in the morning and one in the afternoon. OMG, I nearly went crazy with rage just from the munching and crunching sound. In the end I had to get up and leave my desk for the 10 minutes she took to eat her apples. I never ever told her either as she was a nice woman, she just ate apples really loudly.
    haha I don't feel so bad now.