+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Intralipid infusions Perth WA

Hi,

I had intralipid with Dr Saba last year when undergoing my 4th round of IVF. It was a sucess, woohoo!

So we have one embryo left and I want to use intralipids again to give it the best chance.

Besides PIVET, is there anywhere else that does the infusions in Perth as I understand Dr Saba isnt operating anymore.

Many thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I did a bit of googling on this when I was organising mine in Oct and could only find Pivet. Hope you can get it done

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you for the reply. Such a shame - it is such a huge expense out of pocket.....

Are you able to tell me what the process was like at PIVET? With Dr S, you just went into his private rooms and the nurse (and Dr S) canulated and put the drip in.

Apparently with PIVET, i have to book into day surgery? I am assuming there is additional costs for this??

Thanks
    Reviews
    They did do it in the day surgery rooms (downstairs) but it didn’t cost any extra for that ie. no ‘hospital’ fees, no hbf involvement. They purely do it there so they can get the anaesthetist (who’s in that morning for egg collections) to do the cannula. Then once you’re hooked up and it takes 1-2hrs. I think it was about $650 each time. They do them on Mon, Wed and Fri. I was an existing patient, but I would presume that you would have to have an appointment with a doctor before booking in for it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah they quoted me $800 over the phone today, so guess that is the going rate these days.

And given that I only want to have the Infusions, they have said I just need a review appointment. Maybe because I was a previous client??

Thanks so much for your info, really appreciate it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hope it isn't too late. I did this with Dr S nearly 4 or 5 yrs ago. I didnt do IVF at PIVET but elsewhere. I went through his private clinic in Glengary and the intralipid was done at the glengary hospital. Yes, i had to book in day surgery to do this. To make thing easier, he was my OB at the same time. When i first started, I had to fly over to sydney for this, I was glad that he started doing it in perth when i finally got pregnant!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bbhope View Post
    Hope it isn't too late. I did this with Dr S nearly 4 or 5 yrs ago. I didnt do IVF at PIVET but elsewhere. I went through his private clinic in Glengary and the intralipid was done at the glengary hospital. Yes, i had to book in day surgery to do this. To make thing easier, he was my OB at the same time. When i first started, I had to fly over to sydney for this, I was glad that he started doing it in perth when i finally got pregnant!
    Dr S isn’t practising any more, just so the OP knows

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopeful137 View Post
    Dr S isn’t practising any more, just so the OP knows
    What?!? Not even in his OB office in duncraig anymore? Such a shame. I really like him.