+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Frozen embryo cell survival

Hi all, I had my third and last PGD tested FET today. When the embryo thawed they said only 50% of the cells survived but because it was still early in the morning and it could grow more and as it was PGD tested my FS recommended transferring anyway as it’s the last one we have. Does know of or had a successful pregnancy following a transfer such as this? Thank you

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't want you thinking you were being ignored haha. I don't have any sucess stories yet. But good luck and fingers crossed for you! Lots of baby dust xx

3. The Following User Says Thank You to emilyc For This Useful Post:

Lozzylou79 (02-12-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lozzylou79 View Post
    Hi all, I had my third and last PGD tested FET today. When the embryo thawed they said only 50% of the cells survived but because it was still early in the morning and it could grow more and as it was PGD tested my FS recommended transferring anyway as it’s the last one we have. Does know of or had a successful pregnancy following a transfer such as this? Thank you
    Hi. Did they give you the option of leaving the embie for a few hours after it thawed before transfer to see what it would do?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalina View Post
    Hi. Did they give you the option of leaving the embie for a few hours after it thawed before transfer to see what it would do?
    No they didn’t, the embryologist said they have seen pregnancies from over 50% cell survival. Anything under 50% they wouldn’t transfer. We figured as we were already there (we live 4hrs always), it was our last one and as it had been PGD tested it was better to try it than not.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lozzylou79 View Post
    No they didn’t, the embryologist said they have seen pregnancies from over 50% cell survival. Anything under 50% they wouldn’t transfer. We figured as we were already there (we live 4hrs always), it was our last one and as it had been PGD tested it was better to try it than not.
    I hope someone who's had success with a similar embie sees your post. You don't know unless you try - good luck for test day.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Kalina For This Useful Post:

Lozzylou79 (03-12-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have never heard of this but if they have had success before you are in with a good chance. I agree it is always better to transfer and give it a go especially if it is your last. At the very least you won’t be left wondering ‘what if’. I had a clinic refuse to transfer my embryos that were ‘slightly fragmented’. I was just so gobsmacked at the time that I let It go. I regretted it later that day but it was too late. I would’ve much rather just gone ahead and done the transfer, at least then there is some chance.
    I hope this one works for you, best of luck.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Moc24 For This Useful Post:

Lozzylou79 (03-12-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Frozen embryo cell survival

Hi Lozzy, how did you go, have you tested yet?

Just curious - how were your first two PGD tested embryos?

First time we are transferring PGS tested embryos but not sure if it will increase our chances. Last three transfers were non-PGS tested and didn't implant at all.
    Last edited by PollyM; 12-12-2019 at 20:06.