+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default 35 weeks aches and pains...

Calling all mummas, I'm 34 weeks tomorrow (oops title is wrong) with #1 at 41 yo.
    The last few days I've started to get (sorry TMI) thick white discharge and I feel a bit swollen down there... Don't think it's losing the mucus plug due to colour and consistency.
    My lower belly on the left is also quite tender to press on, perhaps I've overdone it lately

Also started to have Braxton Hicks on the way home from work last night so was freaking out that something was happening!

From ladies that have been here before, is all this normal for about this time?
    From Dr Google it appears to be except I can't find anything about being tender.

Thought I'd ask the experts before being alarmed and calling the OB

Thanks
    Reviews
    I’m not pregnant so I don’t know if I belong here but I saw your post come up.

All the down below stuff sounds normal for this stage and the braxton hicks.

As for the tender spot, I had something similar when I was having my 6th baby. It was up the top of my uterus and it just felt weird and sore but not like a pulled muscle. I put up with it for a few days and then I saw a gp because the hospital was too hard to get into. Turned out nothing at all.
    I don’t think it would be silly to get it checked out if you feel it’s strange. But it’s more than likely ligament pain.
    Hope you feel better soon!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Bluebirdgirl For This Useful Post:

Simyt (30-11-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdgirl View Post
    I’m not pregnant so I don’t know if I belong here but I saw your post come up.

All the down below stuff sounds normal for this stage and the braxton hicks.

As for the tender spot, I had something similar when I was having my 6th baby. It was up the top of my uterus and it just felt weird and sore but not like a pulled muscle. I put up with it for a few days and then I saw a gp because the hospital was too hard to get into. Turned out nothing at all.
    I don’t think it would be silly to get it checked out if you feel it’s strange. But it’s more than likely ligament pain.
    Hope you feel better soon!
    Thanks for replying x
    Wow 6 bubbas, you must be busy
    I will ask my OB but I think you're right, the tender spot is on the left where I get some stretching so it's very likely ligament related.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Simyt For This Useful Post:

Bluebirdgirl (30-11-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi @ Simyt
    Braxton hicks are normal. Just your uterus having a practice run. Aslong as there is no pain then it's all fine. They also tend to have no pattern. I've been getting them since 20 weeks and find when I have been on my feet they come alot. Changing position or even having some water can help.
    As for your tender spot, hard to say. Could be that you have over done it, more stretching as bubs is getting bigger etc. I'm not sure.
    Oh and feeling swollen, I totally get that one. Bubs is putting pressure in your bod so normal to feel swollen down there. You can even get varicose veins down there with all the extra pressure.
    But always, if you have any concerns, worries, doubts at all...contact your care provider. That is what they are there for. Take care x