+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Does anyone know of a good cab company that does have car seats?

I read that you can have your child on your lap in a taxi in NSW? Is this correct? I tried to get a cab the other day and the driver didn't have a car seat and he wouldn't take me and my 4 year old.

I thought at 4 years old it was ok to put a child in a seat belt. Anyway, does anyone know of a good cab company that does have car seats?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Shebah. I used them in Melbourne with DD a few months ago and they were great. It’s a company with all female drivers designed to transport female passengers only. They will transport males if travelling with females though. You can specify if you want a baby seat (0-4) or a booster seat (4-8). You can also ask to join their FB page where you can preorganise a driver who has the car seats/boot space etc to fit you in. Helpful if you’re travelling with a few people/large suitcases etc Adjustments.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    I recently had the same problem. I waited in line at the airport for a cab with a screaming 2 year old after a long flight. It seemed like none of the taxis had car seats and the one we did find, finally, with a car seat
    had a horribly dirty one with twisted straps. I didn't feel safe at all with it. But after having so many refuse us, we just made do. Then a friend recommended the Sydney Baby Taxi company (https://babytaxiaustralia.com.au/loc...dney-baby-taxi)
    and our last trip we tried them. Incredible! The driver was so helpful. He turned up early to give us time to pack the car and get my son in his car seat. Being woken at an ungodly hour, Baby 2 y/o was pretty grumpy. Our driver had him laughing and
    singing in a few minutes. He had kid friendly nursery rhymes and went above and beyond to make the trip easy and stress free. The best part is that he arranged for us to be collected when we arrived at the other end at Melbourne airport. This time by the Melbourne
    Baby Taxi company, all connected. Apparently they are national so you can get dropped at one airport and picked up at the next and on your return home have them take you home on a return journey. Doesn't get much easier!!!
    Last edited by ruthjlieber; 24-11-2019 at 17:14.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've used Shebah too, fantastic service.