+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Egg freezing- effects on your emotions?

Hi all,
    Just wanted to know what effects egg freezing had on your emotions?
    Keen to hear everyone’s experiences!
    Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by missanonymous82 View Post
    Hi all,
    Just wanted to know what effects egg freezing had on your emotions?
    Keen to hear everyone’s experiences!
    Thanks!
    Hey there, I see no one has replied, but even if it’s a bit late, I hope you see it/it’s still helpful for you!

I froze my eggs about 18 months ago (age 36) after my long-term relationship broke up. They collected 16 eggs from 20 follicles, and 10 of those made it to freeze.

Emotionally it was a bit of a roller coaster, but the breakup (and the hormone injections!) played a big role in that too. I think that I expected to feel a bigger sense of relief after the process than I actually wound up feeling... as in, I was glad to have those eggs on ice, but was acutely aware that its not a guarantee. I think I would’ve felt better about it if I froze them a bit younger, but it wasn’t even on my radar... I was travelling and certainly didn’t have $10k sitting in my bank account!

I spent the next 6 months or so trying to find a nice fella with baby daddy potential, but couldn’t shake the feeling that finding, and getting to know, the right man was going to take longer than my biological clock could bare. So I started down the solo mum path. I’ve had 2 IUIs and am on my 2nd round of IVF... if this one doesn’t work, I’ll do one more round then try my eggcicles. Now, more than ever, I’m glad I have them as another backup option, and that even if I don’t walk away from all of this with a baby, I know I’ve done everything I can (so far) to try.

Watching my hard saved house deposit disappear in IVF costs has been gut wrenching too, but I’ve got the rest of my life to save money... I’m only fertile for a little longer.

Good luck xx