+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Incompetent Cervix - Cervix Funnelling

I am 27 weeks at the moment with a stitched cervix early in the pregnancy as a preventative measure.

I had my ultra scan today and could see the cervix had funnelled. Thought it definitely looked more like a U than a Y or V. Of course, the sonographer couldn’t give any comments.

Has anyone had the cervix stitched and got to a stage of U shaped funnelling? How did you go? And what preventative measures did your doctor advise you to take eg bed rest?

I intend to get a c section and it’s likely at 38+ weeks according to my obstetrician. That’s still about 10 weeks away... I’ve been on nightly progesterone pessaries to date.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi! Just to share in case anyone has searched for incompetent cervix / Cerclage.

The good news is I’ve learnt the cervix is a DYNAMIC ORGAN - mine closed up and was of good length (over 25mm) in subsequent scans! I’m now 32 weeks and still going strong!

I did my best to reduce pressure on the cervix by lifting my belly. I also wore a belly band or two at times. Mostly wore the belly band tube that’s super comfortable at home and out. Added the elastic band on top under the belly on long day out for stronger support. None of this recommended by the obs but my dear mother... 😉

I’m amazed by the wonders of the human body, progesterone and the cerclage. Very grateful for the surgical skills of my Ob to put that stitch in place with what’s left of the cervix from inside the vagina.

The cerclage will be removed at the same time of, just after after my cesarean delivery.

Good luck!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Birdface For This Useful Post:

Hetty (01-01-2020),looking4babyDEE (13-01-2020)