+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default youtubers: which ones do you watch?

following on from @JR03 mentioning beauty & the beastons (which i’ve since watched and might’ve gotten slightly addicted to ), i’m wondering if anyone else gets into any youtubers and if so, which ones?

it seems to be a whole other world out there in youtube land. mind rabies for sure, staged
    at hell, but still slightly i don’t even know, enjoyable to watch? i know it’s hardly a realistic look at someone’s life, but it satisfies the inner voyeur anyway.

anyway yesterday i spent maybe an hour (two tops 🤣) watching the beaston one, mostly she cleans and does stuff around the house. so yep, this is what my life has become, tuning into youtube to watch someone else clean their house

i’ve also watched the josh flagg vlog (he’s from million dollar listing la).

so what are your faves?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Does cookie swirl c count?
    😱
    Seriously though that woman needs to get a real life.
    My kids are addicted to YouTube things. Mind rabies is definitely the right term.

For that reason I hate YouTube and anyone who wants to be on it as a platform is in my bad books already lol

All I use it for is to find old movies, shows and songs.

Sorry probably not the answer you were looking for but if anyone else’s kid is obsessed with that cookie woman, wave at me!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Bluebirdgirl For This Useful Post:

turquoisecoast (22-11-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    nah i agree with you, my mum is into watching youtubers and i’ve always derided her for it saying she’s wasting her time etc. i’m too ashamed to tell her i’ve started watching the same
    crap

5. The Following User Says Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

Yogis Mumma (23-11-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cookie Swirl C has a net worth of $25mil, she's killing it at "real life". Seriously, good on her.

I sporadically follow The White Witch Parlour, Ashera Star Goddess, Akasha Wolf, Imogen Walters and Amethyst. They're all witchcraft vloggers so they definitely won't appeal to everyone. I'm not the biggest youtube watcher, but sometimes it's nice to have media that relates to my lifestyle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I follow various 'mummy' channels. I watch whatever interests me from what they post (usually cleaning). I watch doll customising videos sometimes. Only watch 1 beauty you tuber now as she does true crime and makeup on Mondays.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I’m pretty sure I’m addicted to YouTube. I don’t watch t.v at all anymore.
    I watch beauty and the beastons also especially for cleaning motivation, I love watching cleaning videos. And I want her life ... so there that. Lol
    I watch a bunch of cruising vlogs, beauty, travel. Got majorly into Shane Dawson conspiracy videos and then his Jeffree Star episodes like half the planet.
    All sorts of crazy documentaries.
    Jordan Peterson, Joe Rogan, Ben Shapiro and that takes me down the political tube.... that can last a very long time ....
    Also as bad as this sounds I sometimes watch mukbangs where really overweight people eat massive loads of calories in order to keep myself on track diet wise. It very dark but that’s YouTube for you.
    Love home tours, tiny homes, budgeting and frugal lifestyle videos, Dave Ramsey etc
    I could go on all day.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default youtubers: which ones do you watch?

Haha have you warmed to Chris Beaston yet? I’m obsessed with him

I watch Love Meg sometimes, her older stuff is better but I wonder if she’d drive you a bit crazy because she tries so incredibly hard to be perfect. Her newer stuff is a bit like “I’m so rich from you tube that I’m not even a bit discreet about how much I spend on stuff” like $50 for a set of 4 glasses recently, which is a far cry from when she used to live in a trailer.

If you like really immature humour, David Dobrik, Carly and Erin, Zane Hegazi, all in a group known as “the vlog squad” are really funny. Like I said, immature humour though. Early 20s kids who are rich from YouTube / social media.
    Last edited by JR03; 22-11-2019 at 19:28.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cleaning / Decorating / Organising:
    Do it on a Dime
    Clutterbug
    Clean my space - don't watch much anymore, too same, same, but her older videos are good and I have enjoyed watching her dream house reno series,and I liked her DH's Honey Do LIst series.

Vegan / Dietary:
    Mic the Vegan - uses scientific articles to push veganism. Can be okay, but I've realised he cherry picks.
    Unnatural Vegan - only sometimes
    Ellen Fisher - am getting really sick of - videos are all sponsored. I started watching for vegan diet tips but soon worked out her diet is pretty terrible.
    Sarah Lemkus - like some of her older stuff but again, too many sponsored videos.
    Pick up Limes - vegan cooking channel (she is a dietician)
    Krocks in the Kitchen - vegan weight loss journey
    Abbey Sharp - Dietician - I like the vegan vlogger diet reviews

* I was really into vegan channels mainly to get info on what to feed my DD when she went vegan. I watch bits and pieces of the above for info, but really only like the last three channels now. The others are too biased and are pushing their own agendas.

Other:
    Five Two Love - Have Quintuplet toddlers
    Great Scotts - BIL and SIL of the Five Two Love family. Like looking at the house they built

I have watched bits and pieces of the some of the Utah/ Mormon family vlogger channels, mainly for snarking purposes. eg Gardner Quad Squad, This is How We Bingham, Philips Fambam, Jordan Page. Oh and I just remembered Cole and Sav - again for snarking only.

(hangs head in shame. I had depression issues and couldn't afford Netflix when I got addicted to youtube).
    Last edited by SSecret Squirrel; 22-11-2019 at 19:40.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JR03 View Post
    Haha have you warmed to Chris Beaston yet? I’m obsessed with him

I watch Love Meg sometimes, her older stuff is better but I wonder if she’d drive you a bit crazy because she tries so incredibly hard to be perfect. Her newer stuff is a bit like “I’m so rich from you tube that I’m not even a bit discreet about how much I spend on stuff” like $50 for a set of 4 glasses recently, which is a far cry from when she used to live in a trailer.

If you like really immature humour, David Dobrik, Carly and Erin, Zane Hegazi, all in a group known as “the vlog squad” are really funny. Like I said, immature humour though. Early 20s kids who are rich from YouTube / social media.
    i’ve been meaning to tell you, i have googled them further and found a very snarky blog about them which basically dissects and criticizes every aspect of them and their lives. it’s a nice speculative behind the scenes view of what others really think of them. sort of balances out what she presents and what people really think.

anyway why doesn’t he work?? i was watching one and it shows them getting up, he brings her coffee in bed (wtf is with americans loving cream in their coffee 🤮) and i kept waiting for him to start getting dressed to go to work and he’s just bumming around the house all day. someone on this blog called him a “house b.tch” which i thought was pretty funny. he’s nice and i do agree he’s kind of sexy in that perfect hubby kind of way.

i’m trying to work out what car she drives, looks very much like a volvo from the front seats and inside door handle but the steering wheel almost looked like an audi.

how can they afford to live with him not working?? i’m sure she generates an income from what she does but not enough to support them all plus their house looks quite nice, nice car etc??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    i’ve been meaning to tell you, i have googled them further and found a very snarky blog about them which basically dissects and criticizes every aspect of them and their lives. it’s a nice speculative behind the scenes view of what others really think of them. sort of balances out what she presents and what people really think.

anyway why doesn’t he work?? i was watching one and it shows them getting up, he brings her coffee in bed (wtf is with americans loving cream in their coffee 🤮) and i kept waiting for him to start getting dressed to go to work and he’s just bumming around the house all day. someone on this blog called him a “house b.tch” which i thought was pretty funny. he’s nice and i do agree he’s kind of sexy in that perfect hubby kind of way.

i’m trying to work out what car she drives, looks very much like a volvo from the front seats and inside door handle but the steering wheel almost looked like an audi.

how can they afford to live with him not working?? i’m sure she generates an income from what she does but not enough to support them all plus their house looks quite nice, nice car etc??
    They make a lot of money from ad revenue and she gets heaps of sponsors. The amount of money that can be made online is insane. He wouldn’t have quit his job unless it was financially worth it. There are several family vlogers who make millions. There are ones called Sacconejolys they have just under 2 million subscribers and I reckon they easily make a couple of million a year. Once a person becomes popular you get sponsors, sell merch, write books, do brand deals etc