+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default TWW and Exercise

Thoughts on exercise in TWW? I've read mixed reviews and not sure if I should or shouldn't? Does anyone have any insights?
    I went to the gym tonight but didn't do anything too excessive but I want to do a spin class tomorrow.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    This current pregnancy was not planned but in the lead up to finding out I regularly did bootcamp, metafit and spin and the day before I found out I ran in a 10km race. If your body is used to exercise I’d say it’s fine

3. The Following User Says Thank You to PipersMummy For This Useful Post:

MrsMSL (21-11-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default TWW and Exercise

Quote Originally Posted by MrsMSL View Post
    Thoughts on exercise in TWW? I've read mixed reviews and not sure if I should or shouldn't? Does anyone have any insights?
    I went to the gym tonight but didn't do anything too excessive but I want to do a spin class tomorrow.
    as i said in my pm, just keep living your life as normal. there’s nothing you can or can’t do while ttc/tww, it’s completely up to the egg and sperm to do their thing. if fertilization occurs, it’s then up to the fertilized egg to implant; again, this isn’t something you can control by exercising/not exercising, drinking/abstaining from coffee, booze, sugary things etc.

you’ll drive yourself mad doing this and there’s no guarantee it’ll make any difference. barring any medical reasons obstructing a natural pregnancy from occurring, i am a firm believer in living your life as normal and let nature take its course. you’re more likely to conceive when you’re relaxed and not thinking about it.

the only exception to the above is drugs; legal or illegal. obviously panadol etc are fine but i wouldn’t be doing illicit or legal drugs while ttc (or even considering ttc) and definitely not after you’ve started trying.

you sound like a fairly healthy and clean living person though, so just enjoy your coffee, wine and gym and hopefully you get your sticky bfp soon!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

MrsMSL (21-11-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default TWW and Exercise

Quote Originally Posted by MrsMSL View Post
    Hey congrats on getting to the TWW, hope this will be the one for you!

I really believe that it just comes down to the egg and sperm quality, no extra or lack of exercise would affect the embryo and it’s implantation.

I know the TWW is definitely a hard time and you want to try your best to make sure it works but as long as you’re being healthy and providing a good environment for the bub then you’ve done all you really can and it’s up to the embryo!
    Last edited by Ra1209; 21-11-2019 at 17:19.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Ra1209 For This Useful Post:

MrsMSL (21-11-2019)