+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I’d be looking at your routine and making sure you’ve got your awake times spot on so that you can be sure she’s ready for a nap/bedtime. I wouldn’t consider the 20 second cry CIO. I’ve always allowed both my DD’s to have a little whinge when I put them down for their sleeps even from a young age. I think it’s completely normal for a baby to make a few whinges before falling asleep as part of their self settling. I consider CIO to be leaving them distressed crying and going in and out. If I’ve ever gone in to help settle them I stay there until they are asleep as I feel like it’s confusing for them to have you go in and out. But if you going in causes more excitement for your dd I’m thinking it sounds like she’s not really tied enough and you might want to increase her awake time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mashie View Post
    I’d be looking at your routine and making sure you’ve got your awake times spot on so that you can be sure she’s ready for a nap/bedtime. I wouldn’t consider the 20 second cry CIO. I’ve always allowed both my DD’s to have a little whinge when I put them down for their sleeps even from a young age. I think it’s completely normal for a baby to make a few whinges before falling asleep as part of their self settling. I consider CIO to be leaving them distressed crying and going in and out. If I’ve ever gone in to help settle them I stay there until they are asleep as I feel like it’s confusing for them to have you go in and out. But if you going in causes more excitement for your dd I’m thinking it sounds like she’s not really tied enough and you might want to increase her awake time.
    Good points.
    Some kids though get over tired very fast and once they do they can’t settle. It can be very hard to pick that window between not tired and tired with a kid that doesn’t give usual cues.
    To me it sounds like being over tired if they are excitable and then crying.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdgirl View Post
    Good points.
    Some kids though get over tired very fast and once they do they can’t settle. It can be very hard to pick that window between not tired and tired with a kid that doesn’t give usual cues.
    To me it sounds like being over tired if they are excitable and then crying.
    Yep possibly overtired too. I’ve never experienced that with my 2 that’s why I hadn’t thought overtired but now that you’ve said it it could definitely be either over or under tired. That behaviour in my 2 would definitely be undertired.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    My DD responded very well to being left to cry a bit at 12 months. Once I decided to do it I stuck with it and after three nights she was self settling without crying and sleeping all night. Prior to that I had been cosleeping with her and feeding during the night. At 12 months I’d had enough. As a result of this she also ate more food during the day as she wasn’t breastfeeding overnight. She was more rested, fell asleep better and woke up happy. The most she cried during the first three nights was 5 minutes (I timed it). I think 12 months is a good age for it. I didn’t want to do it any younger but worried that if I left it later I’d miss the window of opportunity.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Hollywood For This Useful Post:

Bluebirdgirl (14-11-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks all ❤️

While she's always whinged and fussed a bit at bedtime, we've discovered the culprit...

I put some curtains up in her room because too much light was coming through the blinds...turns out she was scared of the curtains 🙄

Thanks
    Reviews
    Aw bless. Is it the sound they make or something?
    Good you can work with that though!

Thanks
    Reviews
    No sound, just the look of them 😅

They're yellow/mustard and a bit imposing compared to before...have taken them down now and order has been restored... never would have guessed...

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Elevatormusic For This Useful Post:

Hollywood (18-11-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wondered about colour but wasn’t sure if it could be seen like if it was dark.
    Very aware of her surroundings!

Thanks
    Reviews
    She has supersonic hearing and keen eyesight it seems 😭

Thanks
    Reviews
    Maybe a phase as she’s getting more and more aware. Or she could be very sensory.
    I’m not sure how young that can be looked into.
    I have kids with sensory problems and I wasn’t able to get help with them young and it’s really difficult now.