+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Starting IVF without period

Hi ladies,

I am wondering if anyone can shed a light on this.

I had a cancelled Ivf cycle as there were only twp (ine big and one small) follicles. I stopped medication from day 6 and my period did not return.. I had some spotting but no period.
    I am in day 40 and the nurse called saying to start medication for the new cycle today as I had a blood test done and the hormones are low.
    The meds I have to start on were supposed to get them from day 2 of my period..

How this is going to work? I thought the dr might put me on meds to bring on the period not to start a new cycle..

I am so confused right now🙂

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    If your hormones are in the right place it’s OK to start meds. I had a cycle where I started without a period coming - my hormones were roundabout what they’d be cd1/2 anyway so there was no harm.

I would ask for a scan early on though, to make sure the two follicles from previous have shrunk away. I did have a round cancelled where the follicle that grew didn’t go away, even with the trigger, so I had to trigger again and repeat the bloods/scans 10 days later. The follicle has gone and my levels had dropped, and we continued on.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you for your reply. I will ask for an early scan.

What confuses me alot is what will happen with my current lining that didn't eliminate this month? It will grow thicker? In case I get a good egg, would it be suitable for transfer?

Thanks
    Reviews
    This seems pretty odd to me, I agree had you would think they’d want to shed your lining so it’s ‘fresh’ for a possible transfer. I’ve had 12 transfers and a lot of emphasis is put on the quality of the lining so this seems pretty odd.

I don’t get periods myself so every time I do an IVF or FET cycle I take provera for a week to induce a bleed to start the cycle and meds (or I get a bleed from stopping progesterone from the previous cycle and just straight into the next). It’s an easy medication to take so I personally would be asking about thaf

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by blueflower View Post
    Hi ladies,

I am wondering if anyone can shed a light on this.

I had a cancelled Ivf cycle as there were only twp (ine big and one small) follicles. I stopped medication from day 6 and my period did not return.. I had some spotting but no period.
    I am in day 40 and the nurse called saying to start medication for the new cycle today as I had a blood test done and the hormones are low.
    The meds I have to start on were supposed to get them from day 2 of my period..

How this is going to work? I thought the dr might put me on meds to bring on the period not to start a new cycle..

I am so confused right now🙂
    @blueflower the blood test you had told them that your estrogen level was low - this means your lining never thickened in the first place.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Everything is so weird right now..
    I spoke with my nurse again and assured me that is ok to proceed as they will measure the lining anyway..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Pcos30 View Post
    If your hormones are in the right place it’s OK to start meds. I had a cycle where I started without a period coming - my hormones were roundabout what they’d be cd1/2 anyway so there was no harm.

I would ask for a scan early on though, to make sure the two follicles from previous have shrunk away. I did have a round cancelled where the follicle that grew didn’t go away, even with the trigger, so I had to trigger again and repeat the bloods/scans 10 days later. The follicle has gone and my levels had dropped, and we continued on.
    Hi Pcos30

I tried to send you a PM not sure if you received it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If it were me I wouldn’t do it. They can give you medications to induce a period and that’s what I would ask for.