+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HearMeRoar View Post
    If I was to host Christmas Day for everyone and expected to pay the entire cost, we’d be having vegemite on toast and water to drink.
    Nothing wrong with asking people to chip for costs. I think it was odd in the original post that the host was expecting their time to be paid for.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    It’s been agreed that we will do Xmas day at ours and whoever wants to join us is welcome. Instead of cooking etc, we are just paying for caterers to do up a grazing table style thing and I was surprised at the cost- $240-$250 for enough for 20 people. Looking at the produce and products they supply (plus the fact they set it all up), I couldn’t buy it myself for less than that! Takes a lot of the stress out that’s for sure! We will buy stuff to do one just for the kids, but that won’t cost a lot. We did something similar a couple of years ago and everyone said how lovely it was- the food was amazing but most of all, none of us were running around like headless chooks trying to cook or organise food or anything, it was just a relaxing day. And there was enough left over we did the same on Boxing Day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SheWarrior View Post
    It’s been agreed that we will do Xmas day at ours and whoever wants to join us is welcome. Instead of cooking etc, we are just paying for caterers to do up a grazing table style thing and I was surprised at the cost- $240-$250 for enough for 20 people. Looking at the produce and products they supply (plus the fact they set it all up), I couldn’t buy it myself for less than that! Takes a lot of the stress out that’s for sure! We will buy stuff to do one just for the kids, but that won’t cost a lot. We did something similar a couple of years ago and everyone said how lovely it was- the food was amazing but most of all, none of us were running around like headless chooks trying to cook or organise food or anything, it was just a relaxing day. And there was enough left over we did the same on Boxing Day.
    That sounds like a great idea. And very affordable - $11 per head! Awesome

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    A catered meal for 20 people for only $250 on Christmas Day?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Christmas Day

Quote Originally Posted by Mum-I-Am View Post
    A catered meal for 20 people for only $250 on Christmas Day?
    Yes... is that a problem? And as I said, it’s not a meal. It’s literally just a grazing table/s.IMG_7800.jpg an example, from the company we are using.
    Last edited by SheWarrior; 10-11-2019 at 18:03.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to SheWarrior For This Useful Post:

turquoisecoast (10-11-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    i think that’s outstanding value and looks delicious!! god i’d be thrilled to graze on that for xmas!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    i think that’s outstanding value and looks delicious!! god i’d be thrilled to graze on that for xmas!
    Right?! Ours probably won’t be quite as big, but remembering from last time we did it, it’s still more than enough! And most of it is sourced from local producers too. So supporting lots of locals, especially at that time of year!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes... is that a problem? And as I said, it’s not a meal. It’s literally just a grazing table/s.Attachment 102244 an example, from the company we are using.
    No not an issue I’m just amazed at how cheap it is.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mum-I-Am View Post
    No not an issue I’m just amazed at how cheap it is.
    Oh yeah I was too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    So many more responses then I was expecting. I’ve definitely got some great ideas for Christmas Day and the lead up we are planning an advent calendar and Christmas Eve box. I’m going to keep Christmas Day pretty casual but fun!

Thanks again everyone!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Hasselhoff For This Useful Post:

gorgeousgeorge (14-11-2019)