+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default TTC in my late 30s

Wow... I never thought that when it was finally the right time for me to start TTC, I would be this late into my 30s!

If anyone else feels the same or finds themselves in the same boat, please join me! I’m in Adelaide SA.

DH and I have only just started trying after 6 months of discussion... He has a son to a previous marriage who is 10 and his ex is a total nightmare unfortunately...

I am so daunted by this whole process! I’m terrified that I’ll find out that I’ve left it too late or that I’m not fertile, that we will be trying for a really long time and that it won’t be as easy to conceive as it was when I was in my 20s (I had an abortion when I was 29 - wrong guy, unplanned pregnancy.

Does anyone feel/felt like this when they first started TTC?

I’m excited and terrified all at the same time and just can’t wait until I’m 3 or 4 months pregnant with most of the pregnancy worries behind me...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I feel the same way. I'm 38, although have a 4 year old daughter I really want to complete my family with another child, I just wasn't ready until now.

I am worried I've left it too late but trying to give myself the best chance possi le. Been eating well, exercising, taking prenatal vitamins and cutting back on alcohol and coffee.

When did you start trying?

Thanks
    Reviews
    We only started trying last month... I’ve never really thought of myself as old until I went to the doctor and mentioned we were TTC. He mentioned the article your age’ sentence and it just hit me!

I know I might be worrying for no reason but my cycles have been getting shorter (I used to be a very regular 28 days and now I’m down to 24 over the last few months) and I’m worried that’s a sign of reduced ovulation.

I am just a worry wart and needed somewhere to vent with people that know the stress.

Thank you so much for replying

How long have you been trying?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JanieH View Post
    We only started trying last month... I’ve never really thought of myself as old until I went to the doctor and mentioned we were TTC. He mentioned the article your age’ sentence and it just hit me!

I know I might be worrying for no reason but my cycles have been getting shorter (I used to be a very regular 28 days and now I’m down to 24 over the last few months) and I’m worried that’s a sign of reduced ovulation.

I am just a worry wart and needed somewhere to vent with people that know the stress.

Thank you so much for replying

How long have you been trying?
    We are starting to try this month. I'm also nervous because I'm 39 in April.

I would recommend seeing a fertility naturopath. I've just had all my hormones done and we are tweaking my thyroid which is a little low and my prolactin as well.

I have a friend who just had her second baby at 41 and they were not even trying! So it does happen.

My naturopath said at my age it could take up to 6 months to fall pregnant, so just be kind to yourself.

Happy to keep chatting through the journey and hope we both get lucky sooner rather than later x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had my second baby age 40.5 after 18 mths of trying naturally.
    I would be having sex from cycle day 8 every 36 hours as you are only having 24 day cycles . You could be ovulating day 9!. I’d also use digital ovulation kits.
    Lots of folate, calcium, iron.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsMSL View Post
    We are starting to try this month. I'm also nervous because I'm 39 in April.

I would recommend seeing a fertility naturopath. I've just had all my hormones done and we are tweaking my thyroid which is a little low and my prolactin as well.

I have a friend who just had her second baby at 41 and they were not even trying! So it does happen.

My naturopath said at my age it could take up to 6 months to fall pregnant, so just be kind to yourself.

Happy to keep chatting through the journey and hope we both get lucky sooner rather than later x
    This is true... I have a friend currently pregnant naturally who is 44 so it definitely does happen!

I’m tracking my cycle and plan on using an ovulation kit next month if AF arrived when she’s due on the 15th...

It’s very exciting!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazza78 View Post
    I had my second baby age 40.5 after 18 mths of trying naturally.
    I would be having sex from cycle day 8 every 36 hours as you are only having 24 day cycles . You could be ovulating day 9!. I’d also use digital ovulation kits.
    Lots of folate, calcium, iron.
    That’s fantastic for you! Congratulations

As for O day, it’s around day 10 so yes, we’ve been DTD from day 8...

To be fair, we didn’t really do much this month other than decide to see if we could fluke it... If I’m pregnant now it’ll be a total luck of the draw...

Proper planning starts my next cycle if AF arrives as I expect her to this month

Are you planning on trying for any more?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JanieH View Post
    That’s fantastic for you! Congratulations

As for O day, it’s around day 10 so yes, we’ve been DTD from day 8...

To be fair, we didn’t really do much this month other than decide to see if we could fluke it... If I’m pregnant now it’ll be a total luck of the draw...

Proper planning starts my next cycle if AF arrives as I expect her to this month

Are you planning on trying for any more?
    No. Two is well and truly enough

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazza78 View Post
    No. Two is well and truly enough
    Lol my DH has a 10 year old son so we are only planning one to complete our family... 2 children will be enough for us!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to JanieH For This Useful Post:

Kazza78 (08-11-2019)