So I have a question for the well versed and those who work in childcare...

Is it common place to throw out undies when there’s a poo accident? When I was picking DD up last week I overheard one of the daycare staff telling one of the other mums that her DD had had a poo accident so they threw out the undies as that’s their policy. Now DD has been in undies there for 3-4 weeks now and not once has this been communicated to us. She’s toilet trained for wees, but still won’t use the toilet for poos, so will either go in her knickers or nappy during sleep time. She came home today with a bag of washing and inside was only a pair of shorts. I asked DH which undies she had on this morning and he said Emma Wiggle and she came home with her cherry ones on. I’m a bit miffed that a) they just throw out clothes but mostly b) that they don’t tell you! After I overheard that conversation last week, I went back and read through the parent handbook and nowhere does it mention toilet training and the throwing out of soiled undies. As it was, that particular day DD was sent home wearing leggings that had a poo mark on them which I thought was a bit gross. We send multiple spare pairs of pants in her bag for a reason. I haven’t been able to bring it up yet as DH does drop off and when I do pick up, it’s rarely her regular educators there. I don’t always know the ones who are there in the afternoon.

So my question is, is this normal?!