+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Embryoland Greece

Hi all, i am new to this site and actually not in Australia. I live in the US- however i am considering doing an IVF treatment in Greece and know several of you travel to Greece for treatment. I am looking to Embryoland clinic in Athens. I’m curious if anyone has any info on the clinic that they could share? Or knows if anyone who has been? Reading the reviews they all sound amazing but it’s hard to know if they are legit reviews or paid reviews. This would be my first attempt at IVF. I’ve just recently had my first IUI which failed and don’t have the funds to keep doing this over and over again. We have already gone through our little bit of savings on the testing we had and the IUI procedure and will be maxing out pretty much every credit card to make it to Greece. So In a nutshell- i need this to work the first time and find the very best doctor in Greece. In the US it’s so costly for infertility and insurance covers 0% - which is a joke considering infertility is an ACTUAL medical condition! Hence why i am traveling abroad.
    My husband and i have been ttc on and off for almost 8 years. 3 miscarriages and no live births.
    I have a hormonal imbalance and MTHFR and my husband has severe morphology with just 1% normal sperm.
    So we need lots of help!
    Any info on Embryoland would be greatly appreciated. Or any clinic that someone trusts and has had success at in Athens.
    Thanks in advance!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by InfertileAf View Post
    Hi all, i am new to this site and actually not in Australia. I live in the US- however i am considering doing an IVF treatment in Greece and know several of you travel to Greece for treatment. I am looking to Embryoland clinic in Athens. I’m curious if anyone has any info on the clinic that they could share? Or knows if anyone who has been? Reading the reviews they all sound amazing but it’s hard to know if they are legit reviews or paid reviews. This would be my first attempt at IVF. I’ve just recently had my first IUI which failed and don’t have the funds to keep doing this over and over again. We have already gone through our little bit of savings on the testing we had and the IUI procedure and will be maxing out pretty much every credit card to make it to Greece. So In a nutshell- i need this to work the first time and find the very best doctor in Greece. In the US it’s so costly for infertility and insurance covers 0% - which is a joke considering infertility is an ACTUAL medical condition! Hence why i am traveling abroad.
    My husband and i have been ttc on and off for almost 8 years. 3 miscarriages and no live births.
    I have a hormonal imbalance and MTHFR and my husband has severe morphology with just 1% normal sperm.
    So we need lots of help!
    Any info on Embryoland would be greatly appreciated. Or any clinic that someone trusts and has had success at in Athens.
    Thanks in advance!
    Plenty of people in the Egg Donation in Greece group on here have been to Embryoland (myself included 5 times!)
    Majority of us are from Australia.
    Even though I was a pretty rare case in that I wasn’t successful I couldn’t praise the staff and doctors there enough.
    However no one can guarantee you it will work the first time. No doctor can promise you that.
    There are hundreds of posts so you’ll certainly have a lot of reading ahead.
    Good luck.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Juventina For This Useful Post:

Notalone (05-11-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you, i will read up in the egg donation group.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by InfertileAf View Post
    Reading the reviews they all sound amazing but it’s hard to know if they are legit reviews or paid reviews.
    Would just like to say that our forum members are genuine people who have used the services they are commenting about. We do not take paid reviews for overseas IVF clinics. We do get clinics attempting to spam the forum with comments and trying to appear as genuine members, but we work hard at trying to weed that out. I think you can be assured that the comments on here are legit.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BH-bubhub For This Useful Post:

Notalone (05-11-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi lovely,

Just wanted to send a quick message. I’m 28 yo and had done 13 own egg ivf cycles in Aus (1 successful). For our 14th cycle we went to Athens and did an egg donor cycle at Iakentro. They were brilliant. I went through a nurse who acts as a go-between between you and the clinic, called Ruth Pellows (google her!) and couldn’t recommend her enough. She’s British which meant no language barrier and I was constantly in contact with her. She gets paid by the clinics she works for so there’s no extra cost for her service. The whole process took 6 weeks from first contact to transfer and I am happily 6w3d pregnant! The cost was all very clear and straight forward.

Before going with Iakentro my DH and I had a Skype interview with Dr N (Embryoland). He is very personable and easy to contact but I found him a bit dismissive of our concerns and questions....and we had A LOT of questions!

Wherever you go in Greece you’ll pay some electronically and some in hard cash- its a bit of a tax dodge and some of the cash goes to the donor (although it’s supposed to be altruistic...I don’t think it is but 🤷🏼‍♀️)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Generally the cash to the donor goes towards time off work, travel costs etc plus a bit more for them, so it’s generally aimed at making sure that they have no out of pocket expenses. I also think that each clinic pays their donors a different amount, but it would need to be on par/close otherwise they wouldn’t be able to keep their donor bases if a clinic was paying a lot more than the others. The cash side of the business is because they have to pay so much tax, if they didn’t do the cash side the cost of treatment would be huge, just for them to make money. When I cycled in Czech the clinic I went to paid the donors €900.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there, thanks for the response. Everything I’m reading here is so helpful.
    The reviews i was referring to were the ones on the Doctors/Embryoland’s own website, not the ones here. That’s why i joined a forum to know they are trusted. 😊
    A friend who is also struggling with infertility recommending i join. I’ll be doing my first IVF when i go to Greece so listening to everyone’s stories here is so informative. I know a little bit about IVF but there’s so much that goes into it that I had no clue about.
    My friend will be going to serum clinic this winter so I’m waiting to hear how her experience goes before deciding on Embryoland.
    My hubs and i will schedule Skype calls with both to see what kind of vibes we get and if we connect well with the doctors.
    I had a not so great experience with my IUI here in the states. The entire clinic including the doctor seemed to only care about taking my money. I felt like they were annoyed with my questions and wouldn’t offer up any helpful tips or info about any of the process. I had to get all of my info and resources online. And the doctor and staff had zero bed side manor. This is such an emotional process and i just want to feel like i matter and feel safe in good hands. The reviews i read about doctor Nickos sound like someone i would really like.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopeful137 View Post
    Hi lovely,

Just wanted to send a quick message. I’m 28 yo and had done 13 own egg ivf cycles in Aus (1 successful). For our 14th cycle we went to Athens and did an egg donor cycle at Iakentro. They were brilliant. I went through a nurse who acts as a go-between between you and the clinic, called Ruth Pellows (google her!) and couldn’t recommend her enough. She’s British which meant no language barrier and I was constantly in contact with her. She gets paid by the clinics she works for so there’s no extra cost for her service. The whole process took 6 weeks from first contact to transfer and I am happily 6w3d pregnant! The cost was all very clear and straight forward.

Before going with Iakentro my DH and I had a Skype interview with Dr N (Embryoland). He is very personable and easy to contact but I found him a bit dismissive of our concerns and questions....and we had A LOT of questions!

Wherever you go in Greece you’ll pay some electronically and some in hard cash- its a bit of a tax dodge and some of the cash goes to the donor (although it’s supposed to be altruistic...I don’t think it is but 🤷🏼‍♀️)

Wow! That’s so much to go through! Congrats on your pregnancy! That’s so exciting!
    I will google Ruth right away! She sounds like exactly the person i should talk to!
    Thank you and best of luck with your bun on the way! ❤️

Thanks
    Reviews
    I also went through Ruth and can not recommend her enough. She will look at your case and then tell you if there is any further testing, information she needs and will guide you so that you have the best chance of it working. Good luck 🤞

Thanks
    Reviews
    I also went through Ruth Pellows (ivftreatmentabroad.com) and cannot recommend her highly enough.
    Serum does not have a very good reputation from what I have read of others experiences. Iakentro is getting great results and a couple in Thessaloniki Greece are embryolab and new life. Best of luck hopefully this is the answer for you.