+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 7 weeks dating scan empty sac

I had my first dating scan yesterday - 7 weeks. I was worried and hoping it could be a healthy pregnancy. Last year in October my little baby left me at 9 weeks. I cried straight away when the lady told me the heartbeat was gone.
    Yesterday, I was totally shocked without any tears when I saw the empty sac. I couldn’t believe this happened again. My hcg has been rising nicely and dr always said it’s looking good!
    Now I am hoping I can have a natural miscarriage. But I don’t know since last week at 6 weeks my hcg was 46800.
    My last year miscarriage was due to trisomy 16, I doubt this one is also chromosome problem. Both pregnancies are ivfs.
    Heartbroken!
    Anyone have any advice or suggestions about having a natural miscarriage? Thank you so much for listening to me!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    No advice but just wanted to say so sorry this has happened hugs

When I had a missed miscarriage at 11 wks I chose the d and c.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so sorry you're going through this, I hope you have some good support around you. Having two miscarriages in a row is devestating and my heart reaches out to you.

I've lost two babies at 9 weeks and one at 6. The two 9 week losses I had d&cs for as I wanted to be able to test their chromosomes. My 6 week loss was natural, though it took about 7 days from finding out it was not viable for it to pass naturally. I did take some misoprostol to help the loss along, that could be an option to discuss with your doctor if you wanted to go down that route. Sending strength your way xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so sorry you're going through this. It's horrible.
    I've had 3 miscarriages, one at 5 weeks, one at 6 weeks (both natural miscarriages) and twins at 9w6d that required a d&c because not only of their size being two but also we wanted to test.

As hard as both options are, I think recovered mentally faster after the d&c because it was really affecting me knowing I was still carrying my babies that were no longer with me.
    Natural is supposed to be better for your body but in my situation, I fell pregnant again as soon as my period returned and as well as some other medications, this one has stuck and I think having a nice fresh lining etc after the procedure may have helped.

Again I'm really sorry for what you're going through

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Simyt For This Useful Post:

FayBelle (01-11-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdgirl View Post
    No advice but just wanted to say so sorry this has happened hugs

When I had a missed miscarriage at 11 wks I chose the d and c.
    Thank you Bluebirdgirl.
    Hugs to you! It is a very difficult journey. But I will stay positive!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Queenbecky For This Useful Post:

Bluebirdgirl (31-10-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FayBelle View Post
    I'm so sorry you're going through this, I hope you have some good support around you. Having two miscarriages in a row is devestating and my heart reaches out to you.

I've lost two babies at 9 weeks and one at 6. The two 9 week losses I had d&cs for as I wanted to be able to test their chromosomes. My 6 week loss was natural, though it took about 7 days from finding out it was not viable for it to pass naturally. I did take some misoprostol to help the loss along, that could be an option to discuss with your doctor if you wanted to go down that route. Sending strength your way xx
    Thank you so much FayBelle for your words! And sorry to know what you have gone through. Hugs out to you.
    My doctor has sent me for another blood test this Friday to check hormones. We will discuss what the best option is base on the result. Hope the hormone level can drop!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Simyt View Post
    I'm so sorry you're going through this. It's horrible.
    I've had 3 miscarriages, one at 5 weeks, one at 6 weeks (both natural miscarriages) and twins at 9w6d that required a d&c because not only of their size being two but also we wanted to test.

As hard as both options are, I think recovered mentally faster after the d&c because it was really affecting me knowing I was still carrying my babies that were no longer with me.
    Natural is supposed to be better for your body but in my situation, I fell pregnant again as soon as my period returned and as well as some other medications, this one has stuck and I think having a nice fresh lining etc after the procedure may have helped.

Again I'm really sorry for what you're going through
    Thank you so much Simyt. I am so happy for you! You are such a strong mum!
    When I knew the sac is empty, i felt like my life is empty with no future. But now I have accepted the truth and feeling much better. I will stay positive.
    I will see the result of my blood test on Fri and discuss with my doctor what would be the best option.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Queenbecky For This Useful Post:

Simyt (31-10-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Queenbecky View Post
    Thank you so much Simyt. I am so happy for you! You are such a strong mum!
    When I knew the sac is empty, i felt like my life is empty with no future. But now I have accepted the truth and feeling much better. I will stay positive.
    I will see the result of my blood test on Fri and discuss with my doctor what would be the best option.
    You are stronger than you know. Wishing you a quick return to feeling yourself and good news soon xx
    Last edited by Simyt; 31-10-2019 at 19:58.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So I had my blood test today @ 7 weeks 2days. Hcg came out 133,322. It was about 48,000 at 6 weeks. Doctor asked me to do another blood test next Monday. Hopefully, hormone will drop...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Queenbecky View Post
    So I had my blood test today @ 7 weeks 2days. Hcg came out 133,322. It was about 48,000 at 6 weeks. Doctor asked me to do another blood test next Monday. Hopefully, hormone will drop...
    Is there a chance bubs was just slow to develop? Could they do another scan? That's very high

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Simyt For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard (02-11-2019)