+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    547
    Thanks
    355
    Thanked
    1,128
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsMummaButterfly View Post
    Thank you so much @Mum-I-Am @BornToBe and @Tinkers

    So will a normal GP be able to order and advise on a semen analysis?
    Ours did if they find an issue obvs they would have to escalate for full investigation but assuming all the numbers are in normal range they can definitely advise you of that.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    2,781
    Thanks
    4,160
    Thanked
    1,077
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Allanahbananah View Post
    Ours did if they find an issue obvs they would have to escalate for full investigation but assuming all the numbers are in normal range they can definitely advise you of that.
    Thank you

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    2,781
    Thanks
    4,160
    Thanked
    1,077
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi ladies

    Back again...

    It looks like i am going through another miscarriage atm, more than likely a blighted ovum as i had a scan yesterday and there was a yolk sac and a gestational sac present but nothing inside the sac, no embryo, no heartbeat.

    Since my original post, hubby and I have been to see a fertility specialist and have been tested for all things TTC and all came back clear.

    It seems i am having some kind of issuing now carrying a baby. What kind of tests are there for that?

    I have had a previous C-section, could there be scaring or something from that, that could be causing these issues?

    Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    7,925
    Thanks
    4,317
    Thanked
    7,243
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I don’t think the CS has anything to do with it. A blighted ovum is basically no genetic material inside, so previous surgery would be irrelevant in this case. If there was an issue with prev CS I would think it would be related to implantation, but I really don’t even know if that’s a thing 🤷‍♀️

    I too had a blighted ovum on my first MC and when I passed the sac and had a good look (professional curiosity I think), it really NV was just an empty sac, nothing inside at all.

    Did the FS check your AMH? How many MC have you had now? Could it be egg quality? I don’t think they can test that, but after all our issues with fertilisation and embryos making it during our IVF I came to that conclusion myself that it must be part of our issue. A few months taking CoQ10 and we finally had success with DD. I started taking it a few months before starting IVF this time and we were successful first cycle. Total surprise after all the problems to get DD.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    2,781
    Thanks
    4,160
    Thanked
    1,077
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MLadyEm View Post
    I don’t think the CS has anything to do with it. A blighted ovum is basically no genetic material inside, so previous surgery would be irrelevant in this case. If there was an issue with prev CS I would think it would be related to implantation, but I really don’t even know if that’s a thing 🤷‍♀️

    I too had a blighted ovum on my first MC and when I passed the sac and had a good look (professional curiosity I think), it really NV was just an empty sac, nothing inside at all.

    Did the FS check your AMH? How many MC have you had now? Could it be egg quality? I don’t think they can test that, but after all our issues with fertilisation and embryos making it during our IVF I came to that conclusion myself that it must be part of our issue. A few months taking CoQ10 and we finally had success with DD. I started taking it a few months before starting IVF this time and we were successful first cycle. Total surprise after all the problems to get DD.
    Thanks so much for your reply. This is my 4th miscarriage now. I have had my AMH tested and no issues were found as far as i know.

    I guess im just trying to find a reason for this to keep happening.

    What kind of specialist does a hysteroscopy or laproscopy do you know? And i wonder if this would be worth looking into.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    7,925
    Thanks
    4,317
    Thanked
    7,243
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsMummaButterfly View Post
    Thanks so much for your reply. This is my 4th miscarriage now. I have had my AMH tested and no issues were found as far as i know.

    I guess im just trying to find a reason for this to keep happening.

    What kind of specialist does a hysteroscopy or laproscopy do you know? And i wonder if this would be worth looking into.
    I had my laparoscopy/hysteroscopy through the FS I was initially seeing. I would presume most FS would be a gynae as well so should be able to do surgery. 4 miscarriages should definitely warrant further investigation. When did you see the FS? Can you go back to the same one or do you want to try someone else?


 

Similar Threads

  1. When did you decide to seek assistance with TTC?
    By Sabochan in forum Conception & Fertility General Chat
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-08-2014, 00:09
  2. When to seek outside help?
    By ChubStar in forum General Sleeping & Settling Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-06-2007, 19:56
  3. when to seek doula
    By bubbles28 in forum Seeking a Midwife or Doula?
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 21-10-2006, 11:18
  4. When to seek fertility advice???
    By Bigtum2b in forum Conception issues & ttc
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 18-05-2006, 11:14

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

FEATURED SUPPORTER
StorychestThe journal meets photo album meets scrapbook for the digital age. Capture and save stories and precious moments of ...