+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Laser Hair Removal pricing - what am I missing?

Hi beauty hubbers,

I'm researching laser hair removal (not IPL) and I'm a little confused. I was under the impression that laser removal was substantially more expensive than IPL however the prices that I'm finding are quite inexpensive - starting at around $50 per small area. I thought that it would be hundreds of dollars per treatment. I understand that the regulations were changed and that there was some downgrading of who could provide the service and that opened up a lot more clinics which would have had an affect on price, but that much?

I'm not after the cheapest but would rather a better result and happy to pay more for a more 'medical' provider with higher grade machines.

thanks for your help x

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Laser Hair Removal pricing - what am I missing?

Quote Originally Posted by Hulahoop View Post
    Hi beauty hubbers,

I'm researching laser hair removal (not IPL) and I'm a little confused. I was under the impression that laser removal was substantially more expensive than IPL however the prices that I'm finding are quite inexpensive - starting at around $50 per small area. I thought that it would be hundreds of dollars per treatment. I understand that the regulations were changed and that there was some downgrading of who could provide the service and that opened up a lot more clinics which would have had an affect on price, but that much?

I'm not after the cheapest but would rather a better result and happy to pay more for a more 'medical' provider with higher grade machines.

thanks for your help x
    Laser has saved my life lol

It’s not that exxy these days and is way better than IPL in my opinion.

They are able to bring the prices down as they do loads of it so the outlay of the machines isn’t as big a cost.

A lot of the places that do ipl also do other things like waxing etc so they have to charge just as much to recoup the machine cost when it’s not getting used as much

The machine the laser techs use is the same as a doctor, and I have had no issues with them at all.

I go to ozskinclinic, and make sure I buy the treatments in bulk when on sale!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I’ve tried both and found there was little to no difference in price.
    The place I go for laser and have had great results from, offered a package price of $99 for 1/2 leg, underarm and brazilian, if I bought 6 visits upfront.
    This was cheaper than the regular price I was paid for IPL.

I found this wasn’t much different than what I was paying for waxing the same areas.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Results also depend on who is doing them, I go to laser clinics Australia and the problem I find is that each appointment is a different person doing it, some times they’re wizz over the area and other times they’re more thorough, I’ve still got hair growth after 10+ times in certain areas, and also in patches where they seem to miss.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your help, looking forward to giving it a go.